Method is a global design and engineering consultancy founded in 1999. We believe that innovation should be meaningful, beautiful and human. We craft practical, powerful digital experiences that improve lives and transform businesses. Our teams [based in New York, Charlotte, Atlanta, London, and remote] work with a wide range of organizations in many industries, including Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Automotive, Aviation, and Professional Services.
As the Lead Business Designer, you will set the objectives and strategy, prepare the inputs/activities, and lead facilitation for the product/process innovation process. You are responsible for leading a team of Design Strategists, Analysts, Agilists, Change Managers, and Technical experts across the Product Development Lifecycle.
The primary dimensions for this role are comprised across the following three areas:
- Business Designer: Lead and train a cross-functional team to define the strategy and path to development for a business/digital transformation product or process
- Shepherd teammates who may be new to business transformation and digital transformation through value stream mapping, stakeholder mapping, journey mapping, service blueprint mapping, empathy research, viability research, problem prioritization, storyboarding, concept generation, assumption/hypotheses mapping, prototyping, user testing, feature prioritization & roadmap development, business case development, concept narrative development & executive pitching, feature/funding estimation (resource & sprint planning), retrospective, next steps (Build phase) transition planning
- Work side-by-side with the team providing feedback, issue awareness and recommendations regarding potential improvements/training opportunities for Design Strategist & Product Owners. Establish content and present during ongoing Product Owner Community of Practice sessions.
- Design Thinking Workshop Facilitator
- Foster a collaborative environment and facilitate daily in-person or virtual Design Thinking Workshops using Human-Centered Design, Agile, and Rapid Experimentation mindsets & tools
- Leverage virtual collaboration tools (e.g., Miro) to build design thinking workshop agendas/activity materials and partner with Design Strategist to facilitate. Upskill Design Strategists during the workshop planning process on strategy and approach as well as workshop facilitation.
- Must be able to break down complex problems using design thinking methods to create and validate concepts
- Own deliverable creation including Value Stream Maps, Stakeholder Maps, Journey Maps, Empathy Maps, Problem Statements, Storyboards, Concept Ideation (How Might We’s, Crazy Eights, etc.), Assumption/Hypotheses Maps & Statements, User Testing Flows & Scripts, Feature Prioritization & Roadmaps, Business Cases, Concept Vision Boards, Service Blueprints, Retrospective
- Client Consultant
- Primary point of contact and trusted advisor to senior/executive-level clients
- Responsible for influencing and delivering the vision and business case for the solution. Clearly communicate goals, vision, and key outcomes as well as product strategy best practices to cross-functional client team
- Manage day to day interactions and communications from project planning through execution
- Escalate risks and mitigation strategies to internal program and account leadership
- Support transition planning to shift ownership of follow-on activities to another build team
- 3+ years of relevant consulting, digital agency, or industry experience in business design, user experience, digital strategy, digital transformation, or product management
- Ability to identify and integrate emerging business and industry trends to inform strategy and capability development
- Understanding of design-thinking and human-centered design
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and negotiate
- Ability to quickly grasp and solve complex customer and business problems
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills with senior company leadership, client executives, and the community at large
- Strong ability to create, present, and facilitate workshops with senior executives
- Preferred tool qualifications:
- MS Teams, Excel, PPT
- Working knowledge of Invision
- G Suite
We look for individuals who are smart, kind and brave. Curious people with a natural ability to think on their feet, learn fast, and develop points-of-view for a constantly changing world find Method an exciting place to work. Our employees are excited to collaborate with dispersed and diverse teams that bring together the best in thinking and making. We champion the ability to listen, and believe that critique and dissonance lead to better outcomes. We believe everyone has the capacity to lead and look for proactive individuals who can take and give direction, lead by example, enjoy the making as much as they do the thinking, especially at senior and leadership levels.
We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Continuing education opportunities
- Flexible PTO and work-from-home policies
- 401K matching
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits, starting on day 1
- Friday company lunches, company outings, along with beer and a lot of snacks
- Health and wellness programs
- Other location specific perks (just ask!)
If Method sounds like the place for you, please submit an application. Also, let us know if you have a presence online with a blog, Twitter, GitHub, Dribbble or other platform.
* For information on how we process your personal data please see Privacy.
* If you are a California resident, more details on how we process your personal information can be found in the CCPA Recruitment Privacy Notice (https://www.globallogic.com/privacy/ccpa-recruitment-privacy-notice/)"