Method is a global design and engineering consultancy founded in 1999. We believe that innovation should be meaningful, beautiful and human. We craft practical, powerful digital experiences that improve lives and transform businesses. Our teams [based in New York, Charlotte, Atlanta, London, and remote] work with a wide range of organizations in many industries, including Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Automotive, Aviation, and Professional Services.
Part of GlobalLogic, a digital product engineering organisation headquartered in San Jose, CA, our extended teams can deliver at truly global scale. Since June 2021, GlobalLogic is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, working together to address the growing market for digital innovation, —advancing Hitachi’s mission to increase social, environmental, and economic value of customers by focusing on three key areas of Environment, Resilience, Security & Safety, and contributing to realize a sustainable society.
Within Method Europe we’re looking for a Design Director with digital product expertise and a massive amount of visual flair, as well as a gift for storytelling in all its forms. You will be keen to drive the direction and future articulation of design, collaborating with peers to ensure we stay at the leading edge of the design industry; you’ll also have a real desire to pitch and win amazing client projects for you and our team to do our best work on.
With our team, you’ll focus on shaping strategies, pitching work, and designing solutions, with an ability to understand markets, business and enabling technologies, as well as empathetic immersion into people’s mindsets, needs and latent expectations. You’ll lead teams in defining the visual expression and quality of outputs : from single products or service touch-points, to large, complex services and systems including on-line and off-line interactions.
We seek patient and friendly individuals who are smart, curious and opinionated. Individuals who have the ability to be fast learners and develop points of view for a constantly changing product and service development landscape. We seek those that have the ability to listen, to see value in other opinions, and who are able to collaborate respectfully and effectively. At senior level, we look for leaders who can take direction as well as give it; who can lead projects as well as get their hands dirty.
Your project teams are multidisciplinary, consisting of designers with backgrounds in branding, research, strategy and business design, interaction design, visual design, design technology and product management. They have in common strong empathy for the human condition, critical thinking, business acumen, and love for solving the most meaningful problems through design.
- Ability to translate business strategies, user research, market intelligence. .
- Ability to design and extend existing brands, product and services in the context of developing new experiences.
- Ability to shape and communicate compelling stories to clients and teams.
- Experience planning and hosting collaborative workshops and work sessions with internal and external teams.
- Ability to contribute to strategic content for brand, service and product propositions working with strategy, visual and technology team members.
- Ability to create interaction model concepts, behaviors, early design routes and presentation materials that articulate strategic design intent.
- Proven experience building, managing, and sustaining successful teams
- An exceptional portfolio demonstrating an eye for detail and drive for visual quality
- 10+ years experience in design consulting, spanning multiple industries and project types
- Graduate degree in Interaction Design, Product Design, Visual Design, Branding or equivalent experience
- Exceptional communication skills with an emphasis on pitching, running work-sessions, and articulating and defending design decisions
- Proven track record partnering with multiple disciplines on projects and practices
We look for individuals who are smart, kind and brave. Curious people with a natural ability to think on their feet, learn fast, and develop points-of-view for a constantly changing world find Method an exciting place to work. Our employees are excited to collaborate with dispersed and diverse teams that bring together the best in thinking and making. We champion the ability to listen, and believe that critique and dissonance lead to better outcomes. We believe everyone has the capacity to lead and look for proactive individuals who can take and give direction, lead by example, enjoy the making as much as they do the thinking, especially at senior and leadership levels.
We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Continuing education opportunities
- Flexible PTO and work-from-home policies
- 401K matching
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits, starting on day 1
- Friday company lunches, company outings, along with beer and a lot of snacks
- Health and wellness programs
- Other location specific perks (just ask!)
If Method sounds like the place for you, please submit an application. Also, let us know if you have a presence online with a blog, Twitter, GitHub, Dribbble or other platform.
* For information on how we process your personal data please see Privacy.
* If you are a California resident, more details on how we process your personal information can be found in the CCPA Recruitment Privacy Notice (https://www.globallogic.com/privacy/ccpa-recruitment-privacy-notice/)"