Method is a global design and engineering consultancy founded in 1999. We believe that innovation should be meaningful, beautiful and human. We craft practical, powerful digital experiences that improve lives and transform businesses. Our teams [based in New York, Charlotte, Atlanta, London, and remote] work with a wide range of organizations in many industries, including Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Automotive, Aviation, and Professional Services.
Part of GlobalLogic, a digital product engineering organisation headquartered in San Jose, CA, our extended teams can deliver at truly global scale. Since June 2021, GlobalLogic is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, now working together to address the growing market for digital innovation, and promote the global expansion of Hitachi’s Lumada business—advancing Hitachi’s mission to increase social, environmental, and economic value of customers by focusing on three key areas of Environment, Resilience, Security & Safety, and contributing to realize a sustainable society.
Within Method Europe, there’s a clear and present need to bolster our team with the ability to grow, deepen and nourish our client relationships as well as our relationships with Hitachi as we find our path to delivering value within our much broader organisation. The Engagement Director (as we’re calling it) will be an interdisciplinary leader who serves as the strategic mainstay of Method's existing relationships with clients, managing multiple engagements. A Client partner who works with leadership across Method studios, GlobalLogic and Hitachi to nurture relationships and opportunities.
The Engagement Director is the client's, and indeed GlobalLogic and/or Hitachi’s partner throughout project engagements, someone who can provide oversight over the initiative goals and objectives, the engagement plan, and the account growth strategy. They will have a real-time pulse on the client/customer relationship health.
They will provide strategic leadership and operational and financial leadership for successful engagements and ensure that the program is technically sound, evidence-based, and consistent with stakeholders’ priorities. They’ll also be immersed in the content - this is a part client-billable role where there’s a big opportunity to provide direct value to the engagement itself.
Client / GlobalLogic / Hitachi:
- Works proactively to identify opportunities or requirements to expand project scope or add additional engagements with clients where appropriate
- Networks widely within our larger parent organizations and shapes additional project scope for Method to take on, demonstrating how this matches with different organizational priorities
- Authors and reviews all account growth strategies; responsible for implementing and leading account growth opportunities
- Leads pursuit teams and the creation of new business proposals and pitches
- Supports the business development function to nurture and frame opportunities with new potential clients
- Based at Method studio primarily, GlobalLogic Development Centers, Hitachi offices and/or client site when required. And remote, naturally
- Authors and reviews contracts (e.g. MSAs, SOWs). Ensures that proper paperwork (proposals, contracts, NDAs, etc.) are executed.
- Oversees account budget management and change requests
- Leads Method’s European engagement management team
- Maintains a wide network of contacts and communities within Method, GlobalLogic and the broader Hitachi team
- Worked in a client relationship role (business development/account management)
- Understanding of modern end-to-end design and development methodologies and sequence of delivery.
- Understanding of design and development quality and processes
- Understands budget management and change request orders
- Experience of owning the relationship with the client for the project duration
- Demonstrated record of account growth
Skills and qualifications:
Bachelor's degree or higher. Ideally 12-15+ years of experience.
The people that thrive at Method are curious, empathetic, rigorous, experimental and appreciate a holistic way of solving design problems in collaborative teams through rapid prototyping, as well as getting new products and services to market. Method’s culture is a meritocracy in which small project teams collaborate across multiple departments and, in many cases, across offices and time zones. We seek patient and friendly individuals who are smart, curious and opinionated; individuals who have the ability to proactively develop points of view across categories for an ever-changing product and service development environment. But we also seek those that have the ability to listen, to consider other opinions, and who are able to work well with others. At senior levels, we seek managers who can take direction as well as give it; who can lead projects as well as produce design solutions as needed.
We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Continuing education opportunities
- Flexible PTO and work-from-home policies
- 401K matching
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits, starting on day 1
- Friday company lunches, company outings, along with beer and a lot of snacks
- Health and wellness programs
- Other location specific perks (just ask!)
If Method sounds like the place for you, please submit an application. Also, let us know if you have a presence online with a blog, Twitter, GitHub, Dribbble or other platform.
* For information on how we process your personal data please see Privacy.
* If you are a California resident, more details on how we process your personal information can be found in the CCPA Recruitment Privacy Notice (https://www.globallogic.com/privacy/ccpa-recruitment-privacy-notice/)"