Method is a global design and engineering consultancy founded in 1999. We believe that innovation should be meaningful, beautiful and human. We craft practical, powerful digital experiences that improve lives and transform businesses. Our teams [based in New York, Charlotte, Atlanta, London, and remote] work with a wide range of organizations in many industries, including Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Automotive, Aviation, and Professional Services.
Your role is to lead experience strategy/experience design projects — from framing opportunities with clients, structuring and running research programs, through to workshops, concept explorations and prototyping the future of our client’s products and services. You’ll guide your team and others in communicating complex concepts in written, diagrammatic and visual formats, supporting product and engineering teams in bringing products/services to market by translating strategies into actionable outcomes.
- Define digital solutions with different disciplines in a highly collaborative environment
- Lead a multidisciplinary team through complex projectsPlan, conduct, and interpret primary and secondary research to inform the user interaction and visual direction of a product. Research methods include user and business stakeholder interviews, usability evaluations, concept validation, and usability testing
- Collaborate on and influence the different stages of a digital product—this includes shaping project scope, contributing to internal and external strategy, and conducting research
- Plan and host collaborative workshops and work sessions with internal and external teams
- Lead teams in the creation of experience artifacts including archetypes, customer journeys, service blueprints, ecosystems, design artifacts and prototypes etc
- Mentor and manage others in your discipline
- Impact Method through common missions that better serve our projects, our people and the world at large
- Demonstrated success in launching digital products and services.
- 7+ years experience in design research, digital strategy, digital product design, and/or service design. Your story/portfolio reflects a solid foundation in understanding the complexity and intricacies of business problems. Your work to solve these is an appropriate mix of pioneering and pragmatic.
- 1+ year team management experience
- Undergraduate and/or Masters Degree in Design[product, visual/interaction, architecture, industrial], Human Factors, Engineering [mechanical] or equivalent professional experience
- Effective time management skills to balance project schedule with fast-paced deadlines
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to successfully articulate design concepts and intent to your team and your client
- Ability to collaborate with Technologists as it pertains to developing digital products
We look for individuals who are smart, kind and brave. Curious people with a natural ability to think on their feet, learn fast, and develop points-of-view for a constantly changing world find Method an exciting place to work. Our employees are excited to collaborate with dispersed and diverse teams that bring together the best in thinking and making. We champion the ability to listen, and believe that critique and dissonance lead to better outcomes. We believe everyone has the capacity to lead and look for proactive individuals who can take and give direction, lead by example, enjoy the making as much as they do the thinking, especially at senior and leadership levels.
We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Continuing education opportunities
- Flexible PTO and work-from-home policies
- 401K matching
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits, starting on day 1
- Friday company lunches, company outings, along with beer and a lot of snacks
- Health and wellness programs
- Other location specific perks (just ask!)
If Method sounds like the place for you, please submit an application. Also, let us know if you have a presence online with a blog, Twitter, GitHub, Dribbble or other platform.
* For information on how we process your personal data please see Privacy.
* If you are a California resident, more details on how we process your personal information can be found in the CCPA Recruitment Privacy Notice (https://www.globallogic.com/privacy/ccpa-recruitment-privacy-notice/)"