Method is a global design and engineering consultancy founded in 1999. We believe that innovation should be meaningful, beautiful and human. We craft practical, powerful digital experiences that improve lives and transform businesses. Our teams [based in New York, Charlotte, Atlanta, London, and remote] work with a wide range of organizations in many industries, including Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Automotive, Aviation, and Professional Services.
Method is seeking a Python Engineer with intimate familiarity with the web platform. Our Python Engineers are engaged in the full spectrum of product development, working with a team to write great software and build engaging products. Do you have the technical and relational skills to build business-critical applications with a high-performing, cross-functional team?
We generally operate with small teams working closely together on a wide variety of projects that range from an apparel design studio in the browser, to offline-enabled mobile web applications. We have products in production today built with a range of platforms. We are not religious about our technology, but choose the best for the problem. Our web stack today primarily includes Ruby on Rails, node.js, .NET, React, Angular, and Vue.js; though we have C and Go in production as well.
- Have 3 - 5 years of experience with the Python programming language
- Get equally excited about great UI and API design
- Can articulate the difference between progressive enhancement and graceful degradation
- Are familiar with one or many software ecosystems (Python, Java, node.js)
- Familiar with one or many front-end frameworks (e.g. React, Angular)
- Have experience with visual analytics tools, such as Tableau, PowerBI
- Have used various hosting solutions (e.g. AWS, Heroku, Azure, Rackspace, Linode)
- Understand a few data stores (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis) and ORMs (e.g. Hibernate, ActiveRecord)
- Are a fan of continuous integration testing
- Stay current with the evolving HTML5 specification
- Care about and work well with others as much as you do with technology
- Love the journey as much as the destination
We look for individuals who are smart, kind and brave. Curious people with a natural ability to think on their feet, learn fast, and develop points-of-view for a constantly changing world find Method an exciting place to work. Our employees are excited to collaborate with dispersed and diverse teams that bring together the best in thinking and making. We champion the ability to listen, and believe that critique and dissonance lead to better outcomes. We believe everyone has the capacity to lead and look for proactive individuals who can take and give direction, lead by example, enjoy the making as much as they do the thinking, especially at senior and leadership levels.
We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Continuing education opportunities
- Flexible PTO and work-from-home policies
- 401K matching
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits, starting on day 1
- Friday company lunches, company outings, along with beer and a lot of snacks
- Health and wellness programs
- Other location specific perks (just ask!)
If Method sounds like the place for you, please submit an application. Also, let us know if you have a presence online with a blog, Twitter, GitHub, Dribbble or other platform.
* For information on how we process your personal data please see Privacy.
* If you are a California resident, more details on how we process your personal information can be found in the CCPA Recruitment Privacy Notice (https://www.globallogic.com/privacy/ccpa-recruitment-privacy-notice/)"