Internet and WiFi are critical to every business. Meter is building the software, operations, and hardware solutions to make getting online easier. Our mission is to make companies of all sizes more productive and secure through providing great internet infrastructure. We believe every building should come with internet, networking, and WiFi; just like water, gas, and electricity, the internet is a fundamental utility.
Unlike traditional internet solutions, Meter’s approach is vertically-integrated across engineering and operations. We design and manufacture our own hardware, develop the entire software stack, and manage our users’ network. Meter’s software and hardware solutions allow our users to focus on what’s most important to them: running their business.
We are looking for people who are excited to work on complex problems, enjoy learning and working with others, and above all, are kind and ambitious. We are building for the long term and just getting started. We'd love your help.
About the role
Meter’s mission is to make businesses more productive and secure through providing best-in-class internet infrastructure. Our customers chose Meter for a simple, seamless network experience. Our Technical Support Engineering team is critical to meeting this expectation. The team is small but growing, and as an early member you will have a large impact in forming the foundation of the Technical Support Engineering team and role.
This role is based out of our office in San Francisco, working 2-10pm PT.
You will have impact by:
- Troubleshooting, debugging and resolving wireless, switching and other networking issues reported by customers
- Partnering with Engineering and Product Management to escalate and resolve critical bugs
- Using technical experience to write internal and customer facing knowledge base articles
- Partnering with FAE and Operations teams to assist in configuration changes and documentation for new deployments
- Documenting network changes
- Acquiring and analyzing wired and wireless packet captures to analyze root causes of issues
You might be a good fit if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in technical support
- Troubleshooting skills and experience supporting a networking product (wireless experience is a plus)
- A thorough understanding of computer networking fundamentals and WiFi
- Proficiency in the following areas: Linux, Wireshark packet captures, basic bash or Python scripting
- Experience supporting technical teams (e.g., developers and/or IT teams)
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to navigate complex issues in high pressure situations
- The ability to effectively collaborate with various internal teams
If you are at all interested in joining us
- Tell us a little bit about yourself, why you are interested in what we are doing, and any relevant experience you have
- Attach your resume
- Include links to LinkedIn, GitHub, any code samples, or blog posts
The estimated pay ranges for this role are as follows
- Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Meter's equity plan.
The salary range represents the low and high end of the salary range for this job in the US. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors such as your skills, qualifications and experience.