MetaProp's portfolio companies represent the world's largest early-stage PropTech portfolio, inclusive of every asset type and value chain across Real Estate. With 125+ PropTech investments to date, we are proud to back some of the most iconic emerging names in this growing space. Our companies have raised more than $2 billion and employ 1,500+ people around the world. Joining a MetaProp NYC portfolio company is a once in a lifetime opportunity to make your mark on the evolution of real estate tech.
At Saltbox, we believe that operational excellence turns strong brands into great companies. For far too long, digitally-enabled companies working with physical goods have been pushed to the fringes of the entrepreneurial ecosystem. We’re here to change that. Within our purpose-built warehouses, we offer flexible workspaces and logistics-enabling solutions that help e-commerce companies start, grow, and scale.
Backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in the world, we are opening locations across the U.S. Founded by experienced executives in real estate, logistics, customer success and technology, we’re on a mission to ensure that every entrepreneur has a place to call home.
What We're Looking For
We are quickly growing our number of locations, and are looking for a Real Estate Manager to own moving new sites through the deal process from sourcing to opening, manage the new location development process, and build strong relationships with key external and internal stakeholders.
How do you know if this is the right fit? You have a strong background in fast-paced real estate transactions and are looking for your next challenge. You feel confident balancing executing on specific deals, building the machine that allows our real estate footprint to scale, and contributing to broader strategic initiatives and relationships.
What You'll Do
- Lead managing the deal cycle, including handling relationships with real estate partners and third-party advisors (attorneys, brokers) as well as coordinating across internal workstreams (finance, launch, etc.)
- Act as the real estate team’s representative throughout the design and construction process, addressing issues that arise
- Work directly with external counsel through legal negotiation and documentation, escalating primary deal points and getting internal input as needed
- Act as point of contact for real estate partner requests
- Prepare investment committee memos and recommendations for executive audience
- Support sourcing, market analysis and business development
- 4 - 5 years of experience working in the real estate function of an operating company and/or in real estate development, or asset management. Prior industrial, 3PL, self-storage, or other flex real estate experience are nice to have but not required
- Prior legal experience preferred
- Operational mindset for process building with prior experience in project and transaction management
- Experience with legal negotiation and working closely with external counsel
- Strong interpersonal communication skills for working with internal and external parties
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment; detail-oriented, strong multi-tasker
- Ability to proactively own & execute designated tasks, with a high level of comfort asking for help when needed
- Exposure to a broad range of real estate transaction types including leasing, management agreements, acquisitions, development and joint ventures
- Preferably located in New York, DC or Atlanta, but open to remote work from other major cities as well
Saltbox is home to a diverse group of passionate people, and we strive to do everything we can to support our team members. We strongly value creating an environment where our employees are healthy and happy. Because of this, we are are committed to generous benefits including:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Paid time-off and sick time + flexible working hours
- Company-wide, team building retreats
- Quarterly team outings, coffee chats, and meal perks
Additional benefits include paid holidays, job training opportunities, learning and professional development budgets, and a dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment.