MetaProp's portfolio companies represent the world's largest early-stage PropTech portfolio, inclusive of every asset type and value chain across Real Estate. With 125+ PropTech investments to date, we are proud to back some of the most iconic emerging names in this growing space. Our companies have raised more than $2 billion and employ 1,500+ people around the world. Joining a MetaProp NYC portfolio company is a once in a lifetime opportunity to make your mark on the evolution of real estate tech.
From the Great Pyramids of Giza to the Empire State Building, every construction project needs insurance. Today a majority of construction companies rely on fax, mail, email and excel to manage insurance which creates a huge opportunity to transform this process through technology.
At billy,we’re building software to simplify insurance for construction.
Today billy is not engaged in the business of distributing insurance. We are seeking an insurance professional to help billy enter the insurance industry as we scale coming out of our recent fundraise.
Our team’s unique combination of construction (Whiting Turner, Centex Homes), and construction-tech (Procore, Lienwaivers.io), positions us to understand and execute on the problems facing the $1.3 trillion construction industry.
About the Role:
As the VP of Insurance, you will:
* Serve as the designated responsible licensed insurance producer for billy.
* Ensure regulatory compliance with State and Federal regulations.
* Lead the strategy, design and operationalization of the insurance brokerage business that achieves profitability, customer satisfaction, policy retention and compliance.
* Establish relationships with insurance carriers for the placement of the insurance products to be offered.
* Help create the customer service process required to satisfy the needs of customers when it comes to claims and/ or coverage requirements, etc.
* Identify internal and external issues that affect the organization from an operational as well as regulatory standpoint.
* Assure that staffing levels effectively meet the needs of the insurance business.
* Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure that your own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of billy.
* Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities with an eye on incorporating the latest trends in technological marketing and distribution methods.
We are looking for someone who has:
* 10+ years of progressive management experience in leading complex commercial insurance related operations, including experience with a demonstrated track record of growing profitable insurance distribution operations that produce impactful outcomes.
* An understanding of Commercial insurance regulations, compliance, sales tactics, brokerage businesses, licensing and insurance carrier incentives and relationships.