MetaProp's portfolio companies represent the world's largest early-stage PropTech portfolio, inclusive of every asset type and value chain across Real Estate. With 125+ PropTech investments to date, we are proud to back some of the most iconic emerging names in this growing space. Our companies have raised more than $2 billion and employ 1,500+ people around the world. Joining a MetaProp NYC portfolio company is a once in a lifetime opportunity to make your mark on the evolution of real estate tech.
At Saltbox, we believe that operational excellence turns strong brands into great companies. For far too long, digitally-enabled companies working with physical goods have been pushed to the fringes of the entrepreneurial ecosystem. We’re here to change that. Within our purpose-built warehouses, we offer flexible workspaces and logistics-enabling solutions that help e-commerce companies start, grow, and scale.
Backed by some of the leading venture capital firms in the world, we are opening locations across the U.S. Founded by experienced executives in real estate, logistics, customer success and technology, we’re on a mission to ensure that every entrepreneur has a place to call home.
We’re on the precipice of significant growth of our real estate footprint, and are looking for an ambitious and entrepreneurial Workplace Designer to shape how purpose-built spaces can transform our members’ businesses through operational excellence.
As a member of our Product team, you’ll own the design of our core offering and how that connects with operational workflows, onsite services, and new product concepts. The right candidate will push our thinking on physical space so that we’re re-imagining our product as often as we’re iterating. To provide cross-functional discipline and efficiency as we scale, you’ll develop and maintain a framework for how we’re designing and apportioning space for current and future locations.
The ideal candidate will also have previous experience designing/working in one or more comparable commercial environments. Travel will be required to our Dallas location.
What you'll do
- Develop rigorous space programming for existing and new Saltbox locations for both interior and exterior space
- Support our real estate team in assessing new locations from a design perspective, coordinating test fits with external design resources, and working through layout iterations throughout the transaction process
- Measure and evaluate the utilization and performance of existing spaces to inform how space is apportioned to meet requirements for our members, our real estate partners, and our business
- Play a key role on product team objectives around operations workflows, logistics challenges, onsite services, and new product concepts
- Collect, analyze, and synthesize data into actionable objectives
- Collaborate and coordinate with our construction team and partners both in developing programming and design principles and in addressing property-specific matters
- Provide near-term design iterations while also working in parallel on conceptual planning with stakeholders across the company
- Champion our brand through visual choices in our spaces
- BA/BS degree in Architecture
- 5+ years of experience in workplace design with an emphasis in commercial programming
- Proven projects / track record of UX and aesthetic design
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment with competing priorities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an emphasis on driving decisions
- Knowledge of building codes and ADA compliant design
- Ability to read and interpret floor plans and construction documents
- Proficient with CAD tools
- Proptech experience a plus
Saltbox is home to a diverse group of passionate people, and we strive to do everything we can to support our team members. We strongly value creating an environment where our employees are healthy and happy. Because of this, we are are committed to generous benefits including:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Paid time-off and sick time + flexible working hours
- Company-wide, team building retreats
- Quarterly team outings, coffee chats, and meal perks