MetaProp's portfolio companies represent the world's largest early-stage PropTech portfolio, inclusive of every asset type and value chain across Real Estate. With 125+ PropTech investments to date, we are proud to back some of the most iconic emerging names in this growing space. Our companies have raised more than $2 billion and employ 1,500+ people around the world. Joining a MetaProp NYC portfolio company is a once in a lifetime opportunity to make your mark on the evolution of real estate tech.
Help us grow into an ever-evolving marketplace. Seeking passionate and skilled Senior Software Engineer!
WHAT WE DO
Betterview is the only property data platform that informs every transaction for decision-makers who want to reduce risk, cost & waste in an increasingly competitive environment. We provide software and services that capture, organize, and analyze data for buildings and properties to unlock valuable insight. Our company is quickly becoming essential to every transaction by making every property thoroughly understood.
Every day, our team is focused on the needs of our customers. We strive to earn their trust by providing valuable, accurate insight that is important to their businesses. We provide our customers with information that is not only useful to their business decisions but is easy to use. We combine high quality human interactions with sleek, intuitive design and are pioneers on the journey alongside our customers, who are transforming the way they do business with data-driven decision-making.
Betterview seeks a great Sr. Software Engineer who can help build out our workflows, systems, and frameworks. Betterview’s system is a node-based microservices architecture wherein a fairly complex workflow is required to identify the attributes of properties from different imagery sources.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Work on a full stack of react/node/postgres and messaging/microservices architecture.
- Keep tickets up to date and maintain a steady rate of development as defined by team story point voting.
- Work with front/back end practice leads to improve systems/UI where possible.
- Improve the process of developing software at Betterview with the ideas you bring to the table!
- If you have Python experience, work with our machine learning and data science teams on ML orchestration projects.
- If you have deep SQL knowledge, work to improve queries and the overall speed of the Betterview system.
- Work with Jira to keep the team knowledgeable of where tasks are.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO OUR COMPANY
- 4+ years of solid experience as a software engineer.
- Experience in highly scalable systems, including messaging and microservices. Experience in SQL (some form, BV uses Postgres but others translate well).
Some exposure to front-end development (React) is important.
- Experience with Python is a plus.
- Experience working with Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience working with third party SDKs and Web Services.
The successful candidate:
- Has excellent communication skills – spoken word, written word, grammar and spelling.
- Utilizes strong problem-solving skills.
- Understands that customer service – internal and external – is key
WHAT OUR COMPANY IS PROVIDING
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Generous Health benefits – medical, dental and vision.
- Offering Kaiser and Blue Shield
- Providing PPO plans, PPO plans, and HDHP options.
- Betterview covers 50% of employee premium, 10% of dependents
- For dental and vision, Betterview covers 75% of the premium for employees.
- FSA and HSA
- Retirement Plan.
- Betterview matches 100% of employee contributions up to the first 3% of pay, then 50% of employees contributions on the next 2% of pay.
- Paid holidays.
- Charity contribution matches, up to $100.
- Cell phone reimbursement.
- Commuter benefits.
- All employees receive 160 hours per year of paid time off, with accrual every pay period.
- Typically work schedule is Monday – Friday (8:30am-5pm).
Betterview provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetics, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Betterview complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Betterview will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Betterview will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you’re applying for a position in San Francisco, review the guidelines applicable in your area.
Betterview expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Betterview employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.