MetaProp's portfolio companies represent the world's largest early-stage PropTech portfolio, inclusive of every asset type and value chain across Real Estate. With 125+ PropTech investments to date, we are proud to back some of the most iconic emerging names in this growing space. Our companies have raised more than $2 billion and employ 1,500+ people around the world. Joining a MetaProp NYC portfolio company is a once in a lifetime opportunity to make your mark on the evolution of real estate tech.
Help us grow into an ever-evolving marketplace. Seeking reliable and intuitive Site Reliability Engineer to maximize platform reliability!
WHAT WE DO
Betterview is the only property data platform that informs every transaction for decision-makers who want to reduce risk, cost & waste in an increasingly competitive environment. We provide software and services that capture, organize, and analyze data for buildings and properties to unlock valuable insight. Our company is quickly becoming essential to every transaction by making every property thoroughly understood.
Every day, our team is focused on the needs of our customers. We strive to earn their trust by providing valuable, accurate insight that is important to their businesses. We provide our customers with information that is not only useful to their business decisions but is easy to use. We combine high quality human interactions with sleek, intuitive design and are pioneers on the journey alongside our customers, who are transforming the way they do business with data-driven decision-making.
Betterview seeks a motivated and intuitive Site Reliability Engineer with skills focused both in systems and development, and a desire to improve system reliability through automation. This individual should have strong *nix-shell skills, and be comfortable with container-based distributed workloads in a multi-cloud infrastructure.
Betterview employs a microservices architecture on Kubernetes, along with services at the other two major cloud providers. Betterview builds with Node and Python. Backend systems include Postgres, Redis, and RabbitMQ.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Establish baseline system performance metrics for responses to inbound customer requests and immediately investigate when there is a deterioration in performance.
- Run point for manual data transfers where client has not implemented API. Automate as much as possible using sub-code means (Ansible, etc..).
- Identify opportunities for improving baseline performance and implement the necessary changes to achieve those improvements.
- Review responses to customer requests to validate that data matches aggregate outputs that the rest of the team relies on.
- Conduct internal audits for compliance, including, but not limited to, user access levels, continuity plans, and site access.
- Conduct research projects related to bringing on new vendors and evaluating existing ones.
- Prepare internal documentation on workflows and work with sales engineering, customer success, and support, to bring them up to speed on system operations.
- A consistent understanding of new features being deployed and how they are being monitored for use.
- Help to build and maintain the CI/CD processes for Betterview’s systems.
- Help to build and maintain the internal development toolset.
- Automate repetitive processes in a reliable and consistent manner.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO OUR COMPANY
- 3-5 years experience in information technology in operations, devops, or software engineering
- Strong Unix shell scripting capabilities is a must.
- Working knowledge of containers and container orchestration systems is a must.
- Decent SQL skills is a must.
- Experience with metric aggregation logic (PromQL, statsd, etc.) is a must.
- Knowledge of infrastructure-as-code tools (e.g. Terraform, Ansible) is a plus.
- Some development experience is a plus (NodeJS/Python).
- Experience working with highly distributed, cloud-based systems is a plus
- Must be able to analyze large amounts of data holistically.
The successful candidate:
- Has a “no job too small” attitude.
- Is highly organized and self-motivated.
- Has a strong attention to detail.
- Has a deep understanding of how the system scales and if it is operating efficiently.
- Has strong interpersonal skills and good communication.
WHAT OUR COMPANY IS PROVIDING
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Generous Health benefits – medical, dental and vision.
- Retirement Plan.
- Paid holidays.
- Charity contribution matches, up to $100.
- Cell phone reimbursement.
- Commuter benefits.
- Typically work schedule is Monday – Friday (8:30am-5pm).
Betterview provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetics, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Betterview complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Betterview will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Betterview will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you’re applying for a position in San Francisco, review the guidelines applicable in your area.
Betterview expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Betterview employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.