MetaProp's portfolio companies represent the world's largest early-stage PropTech portfolio, inclusive of every asset type and value chain across Real Estate. With 125+ PropTech investments to date, we are proud to back some of the most iconic emerging names in this growing space. Our companies have raised more than $2 billion and employ 1,500+ people around the world. Joining a MetaProp NYC portfolio company is a once in a lifetime opportunity to make your mark on the evolution of real estate tech.
Help us grow into an ever-evolving marketplace. Seeking an intuitive and customer-centric UX Designer!
WHAT WE DO
Betterview is the only property data platform that informs every transaction for decision-makers who want to reduce risk, cost & waste in an increasingly competitive environment. We provide software and services that capture, organize, and analyze data for buildings and properties to unlock valuable insight. Our company is quickly becoming essential to every transaction by making every property thoroughly understood.
Every day, our team is focused on the needs of our customers. We strive to earn their trust by providing valuable, accurate insight that is important to their businesses. We provide our customers with information that is not only useful to their business decisions but is easy to use. We combine high quality human interactions with sleek, intuitive design and are pioneers on the journey alongside our customers, who are transforming the way they do business with data-driven decision-making.
Betterview seeks a UX designer to create dynamic interfaces and flows for our industry-leading Enterprise SaaS platform.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Leverage the design thinking process to gather insight and craft innovative experiences.
- Work with internal teams and clients to understand how Betterview serves insurance market segments and workflows/personas.
- Work with product and engineering to define usability problems and product opportunities, and build out human-centered interfaces.
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high-fidelity prototypes.
- Design compelling data visualizations and workspaces that drive customer action.
- Manage the design pattern libraries that set styling standards for component based front end designs.
- Deliver screens, flows and assets for the overall product roadmap in conjunction with engineering and product teams.
- Create original vector-based icons and illustrations.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO OUR COMPANY
- Bachelor's degree in Design or equivalent practical experience.
- 5-10 years of professional experience as a UX, UI or web designer.
- An excellent online portfolio showcasing UX and visual design work, highlighting multiple projects and your direct contributions.
The successful candidate:
- Has a “no job too small” attitude.
- Is highly organized and self-motivated.
- Has a strong attention to detail.
- Has a command of visual and communication design principles.
- Has the ability to communicate design concepts through sketches and wireframes.
- Is highly skilled in Sketch and/or Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote and other design tools.
- Has enthusiasm for an iterative design process, inspired by group critique.
- Utilizes excellent communication and presentation skills; both written and verbal.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and a team player.
- Can multitask and work well under pressure are musts.
- Has empathy for customer requests with a keen eye to validate the value in those requests while designing.
- Understands and can work through the following question: We CAN do X but SHOULD we do X and why?
- Previous experience working in a startup is a plus.
WHAT OUR COMPANY IS PROVIDING
- Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Generous Health benefits – medical, dental and vision.
- Offering Kaiser and Blue Shield
- Providing PPO plans, PPO plans, and HDHP options.
- Betterview covers 50% of employee premium, 10% of dependents
- For dental and vision, Betterview covers 75% of the premium for employees.
- FSA and HSA
- Retirement Plan.
- Betterview matches 100% of employee contributions up to the first 3% of pay, then 50% of employees contributions on the next 2% of pay.
- Paid holidays.
- Charity contribution matches, up to $100.
- Cell phone reimbursement.
- Commuter benefits.
- All employees receive 160 hours per year of paid time off, with accrual every pay period.
- Typically work schedule is Monday – Friday (8:30am-5pm).
Betterview provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetics, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. In addition to federal law requirements, Betterview complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Betterview will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Betterview will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you’re applying for a position in San Francisco, review the guidelines applicable in your area.
Betterview expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Betterview employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.