MetaProp's portfolio companies represent the world's largest early-stage PropTech portfolio, inclusive of every asset type and value chain across Real Estate. With 125+ PropTech investments to date, we are proud to back some of the most iconic emerging names in this growing space. Our companies have raised more than $2 billion and employ 1,500+ people around the world. Joining a MetaProp NYC portfolio company is a once in a lifetime opportunity to make your mark on the evolution of real estate tech.
WhyHotel is a DC-based start-up that operates "turn-key, pop-up hotels" across the U.S. in newly built, vacant apartments during their initial lease-up phase. Blurring the line between hospitality and home, our model provides the value and space of a home-share with the consistency and quality of a hotel. Thanks to WhyHotel, real estate developers now have a new way to leverage vacant units during lease-up and you have a new way to travel.
This position is responsible for the delivery of all valuation and financial analyses for inbound Pop-Up Hotel opportunities and for supporting Corporate financial planning and analyses.
- Underwrite Pop-Up hotel deals and present findings. This includes, but is not limited to, researching market information related to each Pop-Up, establishing a comp set, and analyzing operating costs and revenue for each deal
- As each Pop-Up hotel deal is negotiated, update initial underwriting to reflect current deal terms to ensure the Pop-Up hotel is still viable
- As opening approaches for each Pop-Up hotel, refresh the underwriting to establish the operating proforma for the Pop-Up hotel
- Prepare monthly reports and KPI’s for each Pop-Up to share with the Executive team, Board of Directors, and Developers/Owners of the properties we have popped up in
- As Pop-Up hotels continue to operate, analyze the data to better inform future Pop-Up hotel underwriting
- Assist with corporate annual budgeting and quarterly reforecasting
- Prepare monthly corporate reporting and KPI’s
- Support other departments with ad-hoc analysis as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in economics, finance, accounting, math, or engineering preferred
- 2+ years of experience and a deep familiarity with Excel financial modeling and valuation
- Demonstrated ability to research and track down the best possible answer or solution
- Proof of strong quantitative skills
- You have a thirst to learn
- You have an unwavering attention to detail
- You are a consummate professional
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications we still encourage you to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.