MetaProp's portfolio companies represent the world's largest early-stage PropTech portfolio, inclusive of every asset type and value chain across Real Estate. With 125+ PropTech investments to date, we are proud to back some of the most iconic emerging names in this growing space. Our companies have raised more than $2 billion and employ 1,500+ people around the world. Joining a MetaProp NYC portfolio company is a once in a lifetime opportunity to make your mark on the evolution of real estate tech.
WhyHotel is a DC-based start-up that operates "turn-key, pop-up hotels" across the U.S. in newly built, vacant apartments during their initial lease-up phase. Blurring the line between hospitality and home, our model provides the value and space of a home-share with the consistency and quality of a hotel. Thanks to WhyHotel, real estate developers now have a new way to leverage vacant units during lease-up and you have a new way to travel.
This position is responsible for senior-level, enterprise sales to facilitate hospitality-oriented partnerships with the biggest investors and developers of multifamily real estate across the U.S.
- Connect with real estate investors and developers on Pop-Up hotel opportunities across the U.S. to source deals through both existing relationships as well as new ones you will build
- Provide feedback and direction on deal underwriting, starting with the initial Investment Committee process and continuing as deals move toward opening as budgets are updated
- Negotiate detailed contracts to operate Pop-Up hotels with potential partners, working closely with our Legal team
- Lead the presentation of complex financial models to senior level real estate developers/investors as part of the process of closing a deal. This involves answering highly detailed questions about our financial models as well as proactively explaining and steering financial presentations
- Coordinate with and project manage our cross-functional team leads to ensure that deals are successfully managed through hotel opening, while continuing to build strong relationships with our real estate investors and developer partners
- Prepare reports and KPI’s for each Pop-Up opportunity to share with the broader company and our Board of Directors
- Continuously analyze and iterate on our enterprise sales process and Pop-Up product, as well as future products to roll out
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 4-8 years of experience in enterprise sales to senior and executive stakeholders, with a preference for experience in real estate focused on multifamily or hospitality
- Experience working with Excel, including a strong understanding of financial models
- Experience in a quota bearing role (preferably outside sales)
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and solve complex problems creatively
- Demonstrated ability to navigate complex and potentially lengthy sales processes and get deals to close
- You love the chase and the excitement of closing a major sale/partnership!
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. We will provide reasonable accommodation to an employee or job applicant with a disability.