MetaProp's portfolio companies represent the world's largest early-stage PropTech portfolio, inclusive of every asset type and value chain across Real Estate. With 125+ PropTech investments to date, we are proud to back some of the most iconic emerging names in this growing space. Our companies have raised more than $2 billion and employ 1,500+ people around the world. Joining a MetaProp NYC portfolio company is a once in a lifetime opportunity to make your mark on the evolution of real estate tech.
A Bit About Ergeon
We believe amazing companies start with amazing people. As an all-remote company, we know those people come from all over the world. Ergeon was founded and is run today by two CS serial entrepreneurs that share a deep passion for utilizing technology to improve how people work. We create innovative technologies that help consumers, contractors, and our all-remote staff excel.
Using proprietary technology coupled with operational excellence we are building the largest, most customer-friendly construction company in the world. We own the consumer-contractor relationship end-to-end. Our ‘tech stack’ delivers a seamless experience for consumers and contractors. Starting with outdoor home improvement, we install the highest quality fence and hardscape. In time we will scale to larger and more complex building projects.
We have a fast-growing and diverse team spread across 30 countries today. We go to great lengths to ensure that our workforce, everywhere in the world, has access to career growth, an amazing work culture, and great benefits. Come join us to transform the construction industry.
Overview of the Role
You will own successful launch and scaling of new product categories (e.g. metal fences, material sales). Throughout the product launch cycle, you will engage in person with customers, contractors, and vendors to conduct first-hand research. Using market research, you will build and maintain pricing and costing models. You will work seamlessly across multiple teams Growth, Sales, Construction, Delivery, and Field Ops teams to launch the new products. As the first hire in this role, you are running a start-up within a new fast growing start-up and have the opportunity to report directly to the Chief Product Officer.
- Conduct local market research on price and costs through first-hand customer and contractor discussions
- Understand product specification options and what Ergeon should offer
- Create and maintain cost-based product calculators in Excel to capture various real world complexity (e.g. fixed costs, small projects)
- Work closely with dedicated personnel (sales, estimators, project managers) to launch the new product
- Round out the portfolio of options, adjust pricing and specs, update training materials based on customer feedback as we launch
- Closely monitor metrics to ensure the new product reaches healthy unit economics
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, including financial modeling or engineering modeling
- Business starter/owner mindset that will get things done quickly and creatively
- Experience in managing cross-functional projects
- Willingness to travel monthly to Bay Area and drive as needed for field research
- MBA, 2+ years of management consulting experience or equivalent
- Terrific communication & relationship building skills
- 100% fluent in English and Spanish
Nice to have
- Prior experience in working directly with field organizations
- Prior experience in start-up environments
- Construction or home services experience