Who are Metapack?
We are a tech company that works with a lot of the world’s biggest ecommerce players to integrate them with over 450 carriers around the world to make delivery easy. We are a multi-tenant SaaS platform. We give them the platform to help consumers decide their delivery preference and track the parcel’s progress whilst also providing the retailer with intelligent smart decisions about how to send the parcel – all underpinned with lots of data. We work with well-known global retailers and major brands such as ASOS, Adidas, Burberry, John Lewis, Boohoo, eBay, and Zalando. In fact, we work with so many retailers and carriers it’s highly likely that you’ve interacted with us at some point when ordering goods online!
In August 2018, we were acquired by Fortune 100’s 2nd fastest growing company, stamps.com. We have super ambitious and exciting plans all centred around our tech. Metapack will play a role in shipping around 600 million parcels in 2018 and with the wider stamps.com family the number rises to 2.5bn parcels. Metapack has been growing at 40% year on year over the last 5 years and continues to grow at a rapid rate.
The way we work really is at the heart of Metapack, and our 4 core values are brought together to give a sense of our culture.
With Innovation and Integrity at our core, we have a flat and open culture where data & evidence, backed by honest and frank discussions, beats subjective opinion and hierarchy. We Collaborate with energy and Passion on meeting the needs of our fantastic customers and partners.
We passionately believe in forming autonomous, cross functional teams who are empowered to deliver our ambitious strategy. With stamps.com ownership comes the ability to operate largely independently away from Board meetings and old world thinking but with the financial support of a high performing tech company. Energy and passion for our business and customers is a part of the MetaPack culture – and we love working with like-minded people.
At Metapack, we have our own platform connecting eCommerce market leaders with hundreds of suppliers around the world.
We care about quality and technologies that help us set the standards of IT services for business.
If you want to develop with us not only our product but also your skills, join us!
We are looking for:
In the software development team, your tasks will include:
- defining and delivering the specifics of business requirements in cooperation with i.a. requirements analysts, product owners and analysts from other teams,
- supporting the team leader in prioritizing tasks and taking care of the sprint backlog,
- collaboration with other teams involved in product development and maintenance to consult ideas, solutions and share information,
- creating functional specifications, managing technical documentation,
- participation in acceptance tests,
- flexible approach to optimizing work and tasks in accordance with the AGILE principles,
- taking care of the good name of the company in contacts with customers and couriers.
- have experience as a business analyst in the IT sector,
- worked on the integration processes between different systems,
- communicate freely in English,
- know tools such as Confluence, JIRA, Postman, Soap UI or other tools for managing processes in IT product development,
- have an additional experience in creating SQL queries,
- owe additional advantages are knowledge of CSV, XML, JSON,
- think analytically and actively look for solutions to the problems you encounter,
- know well the AGILE principles,
- care about the security of the data entrusted to you,
- can set priorities and organize your work on your own,
- like learning new things and taking up interesting challenges,
- feel good working in a team.
What will you get in return?
- the ability to develop a global product by ensuring an appropriate flow of information between the worlds of IT and business,
- professional onboarding, leader’s and team’s support during the first months of work and the whole career in Metapack,
- internal and external training, free access to online training platforms,
- up to 30 days of vacation per year (additional days are granted along with seniority at Metapack) + an additional free day for volunteering once a year,
- co-financing of chosen by you charity payments,
- free private medical care,
- attractive life insurance offer,
- co-financing for sports and recreational activities - the greater, the longer you stay with us,
- free English, German and Spanish language courses,
- comfortable working conditions - support for the team and superiors, relaxation rooms, sweets, fresh fruits, integration events,
- possibility to work in a home-office using equipment provided by Metapack,
- or in our office prepared in accordance with all safety requirements during a pandemic.