Who are Metapack?
We are a tech company that works with a lot of the world’s biggest ecommerce players to integrate them with over 450 carriers around the world to make delivery easy. We are a multi-tenant SaaS platform. We give them the platform to help consumers decide their delivery preference and track the parcel’s progress whilst also providing the retailer with intelligent smart decisions about how to send the parcel – all underpinned with lots of data. We work with well-known global retailers and major brands such as ASOS, Adidas, Burberry, John Lewis, Boohoo, eBay, and Zalando. In fact, we work with so many retailers and carriers it’s highly likely that you’ve interacted with us at some point when ordering goods online!
In August 2018, we were acquired by Fortune 100’s 2nd fastest growing company, stamps.com. We have super ambitious and exciting plans all centred around our tech. Metapack will play a role in shipping around 600 million parcels in 2018 and with the wider stamps.com family the number rises to 2.5bn parcels. Metapack has been growing at 40% year on year over the last 5 years and continues to grow at a rapid rate.
The way we work really is at the heart of Metapack, and our 4 core values are brought together to give a sense of our culture.
With Innovation and Integrity at our core, we have a flat and open culture where data & evidence, backed by honest and frank discussions, beats subjective opinion and hierarchy. We Collaborate with energy and Passion on meeting the needs of our fantastic customers and partners.
We passionately believe in forming autonomous, cross functional teams who are empowered to deliver our ambitious strategy. With stamps.com ownership comes the ability to operate largely independently away from Board meetings and old world thinking but with the financial support of a high performing tech company. Energy and passion for our business and customers is a part of the MetaPack culture – and we love working with like-minded people.
Join us as:
IT Support Engineer
Why would I want to be an IT Support Engineer at Metapack?
We work at scale, pace and with the latest architecture patterns and tech.
We have a flat and open engineering culture where data, & evidence beats opinion and hierarchy, backed by honest and frank discussions. We passionately believe in forming autonomous, cross functional teams who are empowered to deliver our ambitious strategy. With stamps.com ownership comes the ability to operate largely independently away from Board meetings and old world thinking but with the financial support of a high performing tech company. Energy and passion for our business and customers is a part of the Metapack culture – and we love working with like-minded people.
What would I be doing?
- Contributing to the design, build and operational management of an internal IT service
- Ensuring that the Metapack services are secure and can support the growth and needs of the organization
- Designing and building solutions with the highest levels of security. Respond swiftly to new and emerging security threats and vulnerabilities
- Creating tools and automated workflow capabilities to enable build automation and standards
- Constantly improving the platform by introducing new technologies where appropriate, driving efficiency and reducing technical debt
- Drive customer satisfaction and deliver outstanding end user support
- Assisting with covering out of hours internal IT support for the business
What key skills and experience do I need?
- Experience with multi-office, region Active Directory
- Excellent Office 365 and mail filtering tools experience
- Excellent experience with global Anti-Virus solutions and MDM solutions
- Good knowledge of monitoring/logging tools (e.g. New Relic, Grafana, etc)
- Comfortable working with multiple teams and balancing their needs
- Excellent English communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Analytical by nature and enjoys troubleshooting and solving complex problems
- Excellent internal customer service, communication, and coordination
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Constantly striving for automation and efficiency
It would be great if you also could bring
- Experience with scripting and automation
- Networking knowledge and skills
- Experience with Cloud technologies such as AWS, Okta, etc
- Willing to attend conferences, webinars and meet-ups and share the learning.
What are the perks?
- professional onboarding, leader and team support during the first months of work and the whole career in Metapack,
- internal and external training, free access to online training platforms,
- up to 30 days of vacation per year (additional days are granted along with seniority at Metapack) + an additional free day for volunteering once a year,
- co-financing of chosen by you charity payments,
- free private medical care,
- attractive life insurance offer,
- co-financing for sports and recreational activities - the greater, the longer you stay with us,
- free English, German and Spanish language courses,
- comfortable working conditions - support for the team and superiors, relaxation rooms, sweets, fresh fruits, integration events,
- possibility to work in a home-office using equipment provided by Metapack,
- or in our office prepared in accordance with all safety requirements during a pandemic