Who are Metapack?
Every day, the world’s largest online retailers rely on Metapack to ensure e-commerce deliveries of all sizes are delivered to their customers on time, anywhere in the world. We are a multi-tenant SaaS platform and we integrate into over 450 carriers and many of the worlds leading e-commerce software providers. We give our retail clients the platform to help consumers decide their delivery preference and track the parcel’s progress whilst also providing the retailer with intelligent smart decisions about how to send the parcel – all underpinned with lots of data. We work with well-known global retailers and major brands such as ASOS, Adidas, Burberry, John Lewis, Boohoo, eBay, and Zalando. In fact, we work with so many retailers and carriers it’s highly likely that you’ve interacted with us at some point when ordering goods online!
We have been growing over 20% year on year consistently over the past 5 years and are continuing with our ambitious growth plans. We are part of the Stamps.com family of companies which supports our growth as well as providing global career opportunities.
We are passionate about our values, which form the backbone of the Metapack Operating System which brings together our Vision, Mission, and our Goals. TRUST is at the heart of everything we do, and we strive to attract amazing people who are Transparent, Reliable, Unafraid, Selfless, and Tenacious.
If you want to be part of our exciting journey, join us as:
Frontend Development Team Lead
At our core we are an engineering focused business with millisecond response times part of our everyday work. Our teams work in a DevOps model with automation first the norm. We have product roadmap clarity and a highly talented UX team. Moving away from successfully working with a specialist third party we now ready to scale out further with internal teams. We are looking for a senior front-end specialist, someone who will be a mentor and leader for multiple teams and will play a major role in recruiting.
We are looking for someone who:
- can be an expert in the area of creating scaled and fast frontend services,
- is skilled at working with product, UX and other engineering teams,
- will be able to build one unique and unified solution which could be used with many platform for hundreds of our customers,
- has ambitious to being a true leader, reacting on team’s needs, unusual situations, helping others to finding solutions and facing challenges,
- will understand, support and share with others company strategy,
- will be responsible for team’s growth by monitoring their development needs, proposing trainings,
- will not be satisfied with the easiest and fastest solutions but would rather put quality of delivered work effects on the 1st place.
If these fabulous skills describe you:
- strong knowledge of: ReactJS, AngularJS or similar libraries and frameworks,
- experience in developing frontend application consuming APIs delivered by other teams and/or companies
- experience in writing e2e tests using test frameworks,
- ability to work closely with the product, design/UX team, architecture and other engineering teams when performing tasks,
- eagerness to support the development of team members less experienced colleagues
- willingness to work on any problem type - development, testing, infrastructure management automation (IaaC) operations,
- ability to learn and quickly adapt to solve practical problems,
- very good English command.
What will you get in return?
- the ability to develop a global product by delivering great frontend matching awesome backend,
- professional onboarding, leader’s and team’s support during the first months of work and the whole career in Metapack,
- internal and external training, free access to online training platforms,
- up to 30 days of vacation per year (additional days are granted along with seniority at Metapack) + an additional free day for volunteering once a year,
- co-financing of chosen by you charity payments,
- free private medical care,
- attractive life insurance offer,
- co-financing for sports and recreational activities - the greater, the longer you stay with us,
- free English, German and Spanish language courses,
- comfortable working conditions - support for the team and superiors, relaxation rooms, sweets, fresh fruits, integration events,
- possibility to work in a home-office using equipment provided by Metapack,
- or in our office prepared in accordance with all safety requirements during a pandemic.