Who are Metapack?
We are a tech company that works with a lot of the world’s biggest ecommerce players to integrate them with over 450 carriers around the world to make delivery easy. We are a multi-tenant SaaS platform. We give them the platform to help consumers decide their delivery preference and track the parcel’s progress whilst also providing the retailer with intelligent smart decisions about how to send the parcel – all underpinned with lots of data. We work with well-known global retailers and major brands such as ASOS, Adidas, Burberry, John Lewis, Boohoo, eBay, and Zalando. In fact, we work with so many retailers and carriers it’s highly likely that you’ve interacted with us at some point when ordering goods online!
In August 2018, we were acquired by Fortune 100’s 2nd fastest growing company, stamps.com. We have super ambitious and exciting plans all centred around our tech. Metapack will play a role in shipping around 600 million parcels in 2018 and with the wider stamps.com family the number rises to 2.5bn parcels. Metapack has been growing at 40% year on year over the last 5 years and continues to grow at a rapid rate.
The way we work really is at the heart of Metapack, and our 4 core values are brought together to give a sense of our culture.
With Innovation and Integrity at our core, we have a flat and open culture where data & evidence, backed by honest and frank discussions, beats subjective opinion and hierarchy. We Collaborate with energy and Passion on meeting the needs of our fantastic customers and partners.
We passionately believe in forming autonomous, cross functional teams who are empowered to deliver our ambitious strategy. With stamps.com ownership comes the ability to operate largely independently away from Board meetings and old world thinking but with the financial support of a high performing tech company. Energy and passion for our business and customers is a part of the MetaPack culture – and we love working with like-minded people.
At Metapack, we connect eCommerce market leaders with hundreds of suppliers around the world.
By developing an Enterprise-class product, we help to set the standards of IT services for business.
We are building new teams and just like every team needs a captain, every team must have:
Engineering Team Lead
If you have experience working as a Developer, Analyst in IT or QA Engineer, and additionally, you can offer us support in the following areas:
- organizing the work of the team, managing tasks and prioritizing projects implemented by the team,
- communication with key stakeholders,
- maintaining a team work culture in accordance with the company's standards,
- support your colleagues facing the challenges of communication, division and the amount of work,
- motivating team members and setting them ambitious goals; providing support in their implementation,
- building a positive atmosphere focused on expressing opinions, sharing knowledge and experiences,
- communicating key, from the point of view of the company's strategy, directions and goals,
- participation in the recruitment and implementation of new team members,
- identifying training needs for the entire team.
Lead one of our new teams by combining the role of a specialist and a leader!
- you have experience working as a programmer, analyst or quality engineer and you want to develop these skills using process optimization and automation tools,
- you apply good practices related to software development in C# or manual and automatic testing or preparation of analyzes and documentation,
- you get along well with both your stakeholders and the people you work with,
- you can organize your work on your own,
- are actively looking for solutions to encountered problems,
- you have experience in using English at work,
- you have ideas, supported by experience, on how an efficient development team should work.
We will give you:
- access to the latest technologies supporting the development of programming in the areas of testing, monitoring, performance optimization and management of the IT platform in the cloud,
- professional onboarding, leader and team support during the first months of work and the whole career in Metapack,
- internal and external training, free access to online training platforms,
- up to 30 days of vacation per year (additional days are granted along with seniority at Metapack) + an additional free day for volunteering once a year,
- co-financing of chosen by you charity payments,
- free private medical care,
- attractive life insurance offer,
- co-financing for sports and recreational activities - the greater, the longer you stay with us,
- free English, German and Spanish language courses,
- comfortable working conditions - support for the team and superiors, relaxation rooms, sweets, fresh fruits, integration events,
- possibility to work in a home-office using equipment provided by Metapack,
- or in our office prepared in accordance with all safety requirements during a pandemic.