Who are Metapack?
We are a tech company that works with a lot of the world’s biggest ecommerce players to integrate them with over 450 carriers around the world to make delivery easy. We are a multi-tenant SaaS platform. We give them the platform to help consumers decide their delivery preference and track the parcel’s progress whilst also providing the retailer with intelligent smart decisions about how to send the parcel – all underpinned with lots of data. We work with well-known global retailers and major brands such as ASOS, Adidas, Burberry, John Lewis, Boohoo, eBay, and Zalando. In fact, we work with so many retailers and carriers it’s highly likely that you’ve interacted with us at some point when ordering goods online!
In August 2018, we were acquired by Fortune 100’s 2nd fastest growing company, stamps.com. We have super ambitious and exciting plans all centred around our tech. Metapack will play a role in shipping around 600 million parcels in 2018 and with the wider stamps.com family the number rises to 2.5bn parcels. Metapack has been growing at 40% year on year over the last 5 years and continues to grow at a rapid rate.
The way we work really is at the heart of Metapack, and our 4 core values are brought together to give a sense of our culture.
With Innovation and Integrity at our core, we have a flat and open culture where data & evidence, backed by honest and frank discussions, beats subjective opinion and hierarchy. We Collaborate with energy and Passion on meeting the needs of our fantastic customers and partners.
We passionately believe in forming autonomous, cross functional teams who are empowered to deliver our ambitious strategy. With stamps.com ownership comes the ability to operate largely independently away from Board meetings and old world thinking but with the financial support of a high performing tech company. Energy and passion for our business and customers is a part of the MetaPack culture – and we love working with like-minded people.
At Metapack, we have created a platform connecting eCommerce market leaders with hundreds of suppliers around the world.
We focus on quality and technologies that help us set standards for IT services for business.
If you want to join us to develop our product and your skills together.
Join us as:
Software Engineer - JAVA
What can you expect from Metapack?
You will join a team of 3 experienced programmers supported by QA Engineer and System Analyst. You will act on the basis of Agile principles as part of 2-week sprints.
Together you will develop a front-end application used inside the company by business teams integrating new couriers on our proprietary platform.
First of all, you'll get the opportunity to present your ideas, expand your experience of working with technologies that support the developing, testing and maintenance of an IT product in a cloud environment.
- have at least 2 years of experience in programming in Java,
- are familiar with working with Hibernate, Spring, Angular,
- can work efficiently with relational databases, mainly MySQL, Oracle,
- have experience in working with Git, Jira, Confluence,
- communicate easily in English,
- want to work on a MacBooks,
- want to gain experience in developing IaC using Terraform, AWS Cloud.
Your additional advantages will be:
- experience in frontend projects,
- experience in testing applications (unit testing, integration testing, knowledge of testing tools),
- work in the Bash console,
- the ability to use tools for automatic deployment, e.g. Jenkins,
- teamwork experience.
What will you get in return?
- professional onboarding, leader and team support during the first months of work and the whole career in Metapack,
- internal and external training, free access to online training platforms,
- up to 30 days of vacation per year (additional days are granted along with seniority at Metapack) + an additional free day for volunteering once a year,
- co-financing of chosen by you charity payments,
- free private medical care,
- attractive life insurance offer,
- co-financing for sports and recreational activities - the greater, the longer you stay with us,
- free English, German and Spanish language courses,
- comfortable working conditions - support for the team and superiors, relaxation rooms, sweets, fresh fruits, integration events,
- possibility to work in a home-office using equipment provided by Metapack,
- or in our office prepared in accordance with all safety requirements during a pandemic.