Who are Metapack?
We are a tech company that works with a lot of the world’s biggest ecommerce players to integrate them with over 450 carriers around the world to make delivery easy. We are a multi-tenant SaaS platform. We give them the platform to help consumers decide their delivery preference and track the parcel’s progress whilst also providing the retailer with intelligent smart decisions about how to send the parcel – all underpinned with lots of data. We work with well-known global retailers and major brands such as ASOS, Adidas, Burberry, John Lewis, Boohoo, eBay, and Zalando. In fact, we work with so many retailers and carriers it’s highly likely that you’ve interacted with us at some point when ordering goods online!
In August 2018, we were acquired by Fortune 100’s 2nd fastest growing company, stamps.com. We have super ambitious and exciting plans all centred around our tech. Metapack will play a role in shipping around 600 million parcels in 2018 and with the wider stamps.com family the number rises to 2.5bn parcels. Metapack has been growing at 40% year on year over the last 5 years and continues to grow at a rapid rate.
The way we work really is at the heart of Metapack, and our 4 core values are brought together to give a sense of our culture.
With Innovation and Integrity at our core, we have a flat and open culture where data & evidence, backed by honest and frank discussions, beats subjective opinion and hierarchy. We Collaborate with energy and Passion on meeting the needs of our fantastic customers and partners.
We passionately believe in forming autonomous, cross functional teams who are empowered to deliver our ambitious strategy. With stamps.com ownership comes the ability to operate largely independently away from Board meetings and old world thinking but with the financial support of a high performing tech company. Energy and passion for our business and customers is a part of the MetaPack culture – and we love working with like-minded people.
Join us as:
Support a team of experienced developers in a strategic project of integration between platforms operating on the European and American markets. Your tasks will include:
- cooperation with the Product Owner responsible for the product your team is involved in developing,
- describing the business and technical requirements that define the scope of the team's work on the backlog,
- creating analyzes based on information collected in databases,
- creating process flow diagrams,
- documenting the course of the team's work,
- participation in the creation of acceptance test scenarios,
- supporting the team in communication with other departments and teams within the company.
We are looking for people who:
- have experience in work related to business analysis,
- can translate business requirements into technical specifications,
- are able to think analytically and actively look for and propose new solutions,
- communicate freely in English,
- are able to independently set priorities and manage themselves in time,
- appreciate team work.
Additional advantages will be:
- experience in creating technical analyzes for IT products,
- knowledge and / or experience in working with relational databases,
- ability to work and function in an environment organized according to SCRUM and AGILE principles,
- knowledge of analysis, communication, project management tools, such as Confluence, JIRA or similar
What will you get in return?
- job contract until the end of 2021 (for a replacement). Then the possibility of using the internal recruitment program and applying for a different position,
- professional onboarding, leader and team support during the first months of work and the whole career in Metapack,
- internal and external training, free access to online training platforms,
- up to 30 days of vacation per year (additional days are granted along with seniority at Metapack) + an additional free day for volunteering once a year,
- co-financing of chosen by you charity payments,
- free private medical care,
- attractive life insurance offer,
- co-financing for sports and recreational activities - the greater, the longer you stay with us,
- free English, German and Spanish language courses,
- comfortable working conditions - support for the team and superiors, relaxation rooms, sweets, fresh fruits, integration events,
- possibility to work in a home-office using equipment provided by Metapack,
- or in our office prepared in accordance with all safety requirements during a pandemic.