Who are Metapack?
We are a tech company that works with a lot of the world’s biggest ecommerce players to integrate them with over 450 carriers around the world to make delivery easy. We are a multi-tenant SaaS platform. We give them the platform to help consumers decide their delivery preference and track the parcel’s progress whilst also providing the retailer with intelligent smart decisions about how to send the parcel – all underpinned with lots of data. We work with well-known global retailers and major brands such as ASOS, Adidas, Burberry, John Lewis, Boohoo, eBay, and Zalando. In fact, we work with so many retailers and carriers it’s highly likely that you’ve interacted with us at some point when ordering goods online!
In August 2018, we were acquired by Fortune 100’s 2nd fastest growing company, stamps.com. We have super ambitious and exciting plans all centred around our tech. Metapack will play a role in shipping around 600 million parcels in 2018 and with the wider stamps.com family the number rises to 2.5bn parcels. Metapack has been growing at 40% year on year over the last 5 years and continues to grow at a rapid rate.
The way we work really is at the heart of Metapack, and our 4 core values are brought together to give a sense of our culture.
With Innovation and Integrity at our core, we have a flat and open culture where data & evidence, backed by honest and frank discussions, beats subjective opinion and hierarchy. We Collaborate with energy and Passion on meeting the needs of our fantastic customers and partners.
We passionately believe in forming autonomous, cross functional teams who are empowered to deliver our ambitious strategy. With stamps.com ownership comes the ability to operate largely independently away from Board meetings and old world thinking but with the financial support of a high performing tech company. Energy and passion for our business and customers is a part of the MetaPack culture – and we love working with like-minded people.
Take part in developing our flagship products as:
The person in this position is a product ambassador at Metapack. He or she understands the direction of the company's development and trends in the eCommerce market. We expect the Product Owner to be able to communicate this vision. It is important to be open to all questions and doubts of the parties involved. Thanks to this, the Product Owner can build and strengthen relationships between the worlds of IT and Business and use the pool of their shared experiences. The result of these activities is the highest quality product supporting the eCommerce market around the world.
Your main tasks will include:
- Supporting line manager in organizing workload of 4 product owners in polish office,
- Supporting product owners’ team by:
- being the first contact person in case of any bottlenecks in product development,
- being a mentor in the area of good practices, dealing with challenges and key stakeholders, i.a. Metapack Top Management,
- giving aid in defining and setting priorities, timelines,
- monitoring workload and progress of work of the product owners’ team.
- communicating business requirements and the direction of product growth to development teams responsible for the technological development of Metapack products,
- identifying, defining and submitting functional and non-functional requirements of the system to software development area,
- setting the direction and pace of changes of individual elements of our platform in cooperation with Product Management,
- creating and maintaining a transparent product backlog,
- monitoring work on product development, identifying places that require special attention, improvements or changes,
- continuous acquisition of knowledge about market requirements,
- taking part in product meetings, communicating work progress, consulting product dependencies, threats and suggesting potential solutions.
We are looking for candidates who:
- have experience in the work of a Product Owner, especially (as an additional advantage) in developing backend products,
- appreciate working in an environment based on AGILE good practices,
- have strong interpersonal skills,
- are able to justify the setted direction of product development and skillfully communicate it to other teams,
- are able to independently set priorities and manage themselves in time,
- have the ability to motivate colleagues to work together on the development of a given product and understand the consistency of that product with the Metapack service ecosystem,
- communicate freely in English and Polish.
The following elements will be additional advantages:
- experience in developing IT products for eCommerce, logistics and delivery markets,
- understanding the essence of the operation of programming teams developing and delivering software in an automated way based on CI / CD practices,
- knowledge of software management in the Amazon AWS cloud environment,
- knowledge of the Atlassian JIRA system.
What will you get in return?
- the possibility of long-term work on a product dedicated to the constantly growing and changing eCommerce market, professional onboarding, leader and team support during the first months of work and the whole career in Metapack,
- internal and external training, free access to online training platforms,
- up to 30 days of vacation per year (additional days are granted along with seniority at Metapack) + an additional free day for volunteering once a year,
- co-financing of chosen by you charity payments,
- free private medical care,
- attractive life insurance offer,
- co-financing for sports and recreational activities - the greater, the longer you stay with us,
- free English, German and Spanish language courses,
- comfortable working conditions - support for the team and superiors, relaxation rooms, sweets, fresh fruits, integration events,
- possibility to work in a home-office using equipment provided by Metapack,
- or in our office prepared in accordance with all safety requirements during a pandemic.