A Design Lead role at MetaLab functions as a Project Lead - you will play an integral role in the success of our client engagements by supporting your project team with direction, leadership, guidance, and encouragement. No, this is not purely a management position so you will also be expected to be hands on within the design process. This is a great role for someone who has had experience with the pace and variety of agency work and wants to grow their leadership skills while still contributing at a pixel level.
This role will report to a Creative Director.
We are not looking for those with experience that only touches in advertising, branding, campaigns, or marketing. We are a digital product shop, and the ability to understand digital product building is paramount to your success.
- Execute hands-on product design work. You will get your hands dirty in the design process alongside your team.
- Provide design leadership and mentorship for your project team.
- Lead client presentations and discussions of your work.
- Push boundaries and break the status quo (without being a jerk about it).
- Assist in scoping out the timeline and requirements of design engagements.
- Foster an open, collaborative, and inclusive environment for the design team.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of experience bringing digital products to life, ideally as a team lead.
- Agency experience.
- Mastery level design knowledge of UI/UX principles and best practices, and common design tools.
- A solid portfolio of product work that can speak to both your UX and visual design skills.
- Strength in leading a product design projects. You can articulate constructive feedback and know when to nudge your team to do better.
- Strong client management skills. You can articulate the ‘why’ and lead discussions around your process, explorations, and conclusions.
- A solid and up to date understanding of best practices, developments and trends in web, mobile, iOS and Material design.
- Ability to translate stakeholder goals, user research, and complex user flows into clean, usable UIs.
- Prototyping and interaction design experience, ideally with Principle or Framer.js.