Remote candidates within Latin America are welcome to apply.
At MetaLab, we design some truly groundbreaking products, and our engineers help turn those designs into reality. Our engineering team needs your help in getting projects up and running and helping our teams release new products into the wild. To thrive in this role, you’ll provide technical expertise and guidance on projects, deliver beautiful code, develop new skills to adapt to project needs, work with cutting edge web and mobile technologies, and show up ready for anything.
We believe the magic happens when you combine thoughtful collaboration, strong processes, and the freedom for people to be themselves. When you’re comfortable being yourself, you do your best work and inspire others to do the same.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Collaborate closely with your project team to develop new features and functionality for the products that we deliver across both frontend and backend technologies
- Lead the integration and fine tuning of pre-trained ML models and AI services into products and guide other developers to do it.
- Use ML frameworks to implement pre-built and custom algorithms to power smart products and data driven features.
- Work with our Product and Delivery Managers to regularly refine the definition of the work in the product backlog, contributing expertise and gaining clarity when needed
- Provide feedback on designs for completeness, implementation effort, and feasibility
- Collaborate with the Product team to plan future sprints by contributing to story definition, providing work estimates, and regularly identifying technical dependencies and blockers
- Understand and advocate for ongoing sprint goals and help motivate our teams to finish sprints on time and with minimal technical debt
- Review your team members' code submissions to our work meets the needs of the project in terms of quality, correctness, consistency, and performance
- Participate in regular shares with client stakeholders on project progress and delivered features and functionality
- Support the engineering department by sharing the technical knowledge you learn with your project teams
- Identify when your project team members are stuck on a technical challenge and offer support
- Produce documentation on methods, decisions, technical approaches, and other context to improve the developer experience on our projects
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of Full Stack experience, in an agency setting is a bonus
- Deep appreciation of the design practice and can protect the integrity of design intent without compromising fidelity
- Responds positively to both professional and project-based feedback and is able to help the team adapt to changing priorities within fast paced projects
- Organized, self-motivated, and comfortable advocating for your needs and the needs of the project
- You have experience building full-stack applications across both the frontend and service layer using modern Typescript frameworks (ie. React, React Native, Nest)
- You have experience creating both REST and GraphQL APIs that enable client applications to persist, process, and retrieve data from various types of databases (ie. PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB)
- You have experience using ML models and AI services to power real-live products (ie. Google Cloud AI, Azure AI, AWS AI or Bedrock, GPT, Dialogflow, Claude, LangChain),
- You have experience implementing ML algorithms with common frameworks in end-to-end applications (ie. TensorFlow, Synaptic, ML5.js, Spark ML).
- You are excited to learn new technologies and adopt new solutions to deliver amazing products and further your depth of knowledge as an engineer and technologist
- You have contributed to technical design discussions and helped evaluate different technical solutions to influence architectural decision making
- You are comfortable following general Agile delivery methodologies and participating in regularly scheduled standups and ceremonies (we do our best to prioritize progress over process)
- Experience in a team lead or technical management role is a plus, but not a requirement
Equal opportunity employer
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways! We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.