We're open to candidates based in North America.
Imagine shaping the financial destiny of a tech powerhouse like MetaLab, a trailblazing product agency partnering with global giants such as Slack and Google. We're seeking an accomplished and driven Director, Finance to lead our financial symphony.
The Director, Finance (FP & A) will play a key role in providing strategic financial guidance to MetaLab by balancing long-term strategic planning with short-term financial demands. This role will collaborate with the senior leadership team to drive informed decision-making, financial planning, budgeting, and forecasting processes. Expertise in financial analysis, reporting, and business insights will be instrumental in shaping the company's financial strategy and ensuring its long-term success.
- Financial Strategy: Collaborate with the senior leadership team to develop and refine the company's financial strategy, aligning it with the organization's overall goals and objectives. Provide valuable insights into financial performance, market trends, and potential risks and opportunities.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Oversee the quarterly budgeting process, working closely with department heads to develop detailed budgets and financial plans. Lead the ongoing forecasting efforts to ensure accuracy and alignment with changing business conditions. Perform monthly budget to actual and variance analysis. Manage all internal finance and accounting aspects, which include, key support for budget and planning process execution of cost control initiatives, and implementation of internal controls.
- Financial Analysis: Conduct comprehensive financial analysis, including project pricing, costing and margin analysis, profitability assessments, and ROI calculations. Track and report key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor business performance and provide actionable recommendations to enhance efficiency and profitability.
- Financial Reporting: Prepare and present regular financial reports to senior leadership. Ensure financial data accuracy, consistency, and compliance with accounting principles and regulations.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, laws, and policies, including oversight of tax filing(s) of relevant entities and oversight of ongoing third party financial audit processes. Partner with legal counsel to ensure entities are in good standing.
- Business Partnering: Act as a strategic partner to various departments and business units, providing financial insights, guidance, and support for decision-making. Collaborate with stakeholders to assess the financial implications of new initiatives and perform due diligence on potential new investments.
- Financial Systems: Oversee the implementation and optimization of financial planning tools and systems to streamline processes and improve data accuracy. Stay updated with industry best practices and technology advancements.
- Long-Term Planning: Assist in long-term financial planning and scenario modeling to evaluate the impact of potential business strategies and market changes. Help identify opportunities for growth and efficiency enhancements.
- Risk Management: Assess financial risks and develop strategies to mitigate them. Ensure compliance with financial regulations and reporting requirements.
- M&A: Conduct comprehensive analysis of target company's financial statements, historical performance, assets, liabilities, contracts, and potential risks. Create financial models to project the potential financial performance of the merged entity. Provide financial insights and analysis to guide negotiations with the target company's stakeholders. Ensure compliance with financial regulations, accounting standards, and reporting requirements applicable to M&A transactions.
The must-have shortlist
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related field.
- CPA or equivalent designation required.
- 10+ years experience in financial planning and analysis roles, with progressive levels of responsibility. Prior experience as a senior-level manager or director is preferred.
- Prior experience with a creative, design or tech agency is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience within a service company is required.
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills, with the ability to translate complex financial data into actionable insights.
- In-depth knowledge of financial principles, budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic financial planning and business partnering, preferably in a technology company or consulting firm.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to present complex financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
- Proficiency in financial planning software, ERP systems (Netsuite/Oracle), and MS Excel.
- Strategic mindset with a forward-thinking approach to financial planning and decision-making.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an outstanding level of integrity to gain the trust and respect of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong relationship management skills with the desire to establish collaborative working relationships internally and externally.
- Highly motivated and results-driven with the capacity to get things done.
- High level of attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
While this role can be filled in a variety of global regions, as an organization headquartered in BC, Canada we are required to include the pay range for this role if it were to be filled in BC. This range may be higher or lower depending on the candidate's region and market conditions, when outside of BC.
Expected Pay Range: CAD $140,000 - $170,000
Equal opportunity employer
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways! We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.