We are open to candidates based +/- 3 hours PT. Must be able to travel in NA easily.
MetaLab ships products loved by billions of people. These products shape the way we work, live, and play. We're willing to bet you use multiple products we've had a hand in. We need your help crafting the next.
As a Product Director, you’ll be a key leader in helping both shape the vision and ensure that the product successfully ships the product to market. You work to establish a shared product vision and strategy for our clients and subsequently translate that vision into a clear path forward for delivery. You’ll balance multiple priorities - finding yourself defining a product vision on one project, enabling a client and our design and development teams to launch an impactful MVP launch on another, while also having responsibility for business and practice development. On any given day, you’re able to step up and lead or step back and evaluate how to best support your team.
You will utilize your expertise to provide thought leadership and hands-on support to enable the creation of differentiated and valuable products. Your role will be critical to helping the team navigate enterprise environments, gaining buy-in on product direction from stakeholders of all levels and backgrounds, and shaping new opportunities for MetaLab.
- Based on your understanding of a client’s business, market trends, user needs, and technical constraints, you will lead the shaping of product visions and strategies in partnership with project leads through the formulation and clear articulation of:
- Areas of opportunity and recommend areas of focus
- Product outcomes, objectives, and key metrics
- Product features and capabilities
- Product roadmaps and delivery approaches rooted in the strategy
- Driving alignment and decisions with client stakeholders and executives on vision, scope and direction
- Build and maintain productive relationships with client stakeholders of all levels and internal project teams, setting direction for the team and keeping everyone laser-focused on solving the right problem at the right time through an outcome-driven approach to product definition, prioritization, and delivery
- Develop clear points of view on relevant topics that inform strategy development, clients’ thinking and thought leadership
- Teaching clients news ways of working and change to hit their business goals and vision
- Support product delivery, gaining alignment on and utilizing a variety of product development methodologies
- Roll up your sleeves, get in the work, and provide guidance to several project teams simultaneously
- Serve on the leadership team for accounts and contribute to pitching and scoping of new engagements
- Coaching and mentoring team members
- Travel to client sites on an as-needed basis
The must-have short list:
- Experience at a digital product agency or consultancy shaping and shipping multiple concurrent products in enterprise environments
- Experience launching several products to market.
- Experience with growth, business modeling, monetization, and go-to-market strategy creation
- Ability to grow key accounts
- Demonstrated experience partnering with and persuading client leadership of all levels utilizing all modes of communication (narrative, visual, workshopping, etc.)
- Expertise in generating insights and POVs based on market trends, quantitative and qualitative business data, and user research
- Ability to quickly understand, simplify, internalize, and communicate complex or technical concepts
- Experience in launching products and experiences to market. Understanding the
- Equal passion for both shaping and shipping products - you’re prepared to get the job done, wherever the team is in the process
- Experience leading and working with cross-functional teams in design, engineering, research, and brand
- Comfortable implementing new processes and assessing where to provide the most value on a project by project basis
- Experience in account management and growth, new business development, pitching, and scope creation
- Experience managing and mentoring team members
Equal opportunity employer
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways! We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.