We’re open to remote candidates located within +/- 3 hours PT.
As a Technical Delivery Manager at MetaLab you’ll run one or more agile projects alongside your product, design, and engineering partners. You’re not in the design or engineering files, but you’re the superglue that holds it all together. Never losing sight of the big picture or the fine details, you successfully navigate any curve balls thrown your way. Your masterful communication and problem-solving impresses even the most challenging of clients. Balancing patience and empathy with diplomacy and determination, your leadership skills create an environment for high-performing teams. You understand the value of collaboration and have a vested interest in helping everyone across the finish line. You step in and up wherever support is needed, and you’re the fearless advocate that everybody loves to love.
- Be the owner of the project budget and provide implications to budget for all resourcing changes, needs or timeline adjustments
- Create and maintain the project plan: detailed schedule, milestones and dependencies, progress tracking, risk identification and mitigation, and definition of done.
- Communicate status reporting to clients including progress, risks, dependencies and blockers to milestones
- Effectively communicate project needs, requirements or escalations to MetaLab leadership
- Identify risks, define impacts, provide solutions to address concerns and communicate issues to both internal MetaLab stakeholders In partnership with product, design and engineering leadership ensure that the technical and strategic vision are executed on time, at MetaLab quality standards and on budget
- Shared ownership of the product backlog, working closely with the product lead to ensure that the backlog is regularly groomed and that work items contain the definition necessary for the teams to execute
- Ensure all disciplines within the team (product, design, engineering, research) are tracking towards our desired outcomes
- Know when to escalate risks and deliver concise summaries including recommendations for mitigation to risk.
- Co-own the facilitation of agile sprint ceremonies alongside the product lead
The must-have short list:
- Technical project management experience in software delivery methodologies, design and implementation of products
- Experience shipping consumer and/or b2b products. Must be able to showcase products that are in market
- Excellent understanding of software development process including gathering requirements and defining specifications, driving the QA process, and compiling and disseminating project documentation
- Ability to work within software development tools such as Jira, Confluence, Notion, ProductBoard and Smartsheet
- Appreciation for design and the ability to facilitate collaboration across design, development and product teams
- Experience running status meetings, team standups and comfortable presenting to senior client stakeholders
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and written to technical and non-technical stakeholder in a manner where no matter who it is they are able to quickly and easily understand things like project status, risks and suggested mitigations
- Very experienced in all things budget management - including estimation, revenue recognition reporting and implications to budget from things like resourcing or scope changes
- An overall very collaborative and positive attitude that is able to motivate a team during tough times and celebrate successes during good times
- Understanding of quality assurance processes and technologies for both manual and automated QA
- Excellent attention to detail when it comes to timeline, budget, scope, and technical specifications
Equal opportunity employer
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways! We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.