We’re open to candidates located +/- 3 hours ET.
At MetaLab, we design pretty exciting products, but the architecting and building is where you come in. Our technology team needs your help in concepting new ideas with technology and bringing our products across the finish line for our clients to enjoy in the wild.
To thrive in this role, you’ll provide technical expertise and guidance on projects, tackle new skills, and show up ready for anything. You collaborate with our design and product teams to find relatable, new ways to use technology, helping others work within technical limits, and building products that improve people’s lives. Your team is important to you, and you take pride in helping build and guide junior and intermediate developers to grow into leaders.
We believe the magic happens when you combine thoughtful collaboration, strong processes, and the freedom for people to be themselves. When you’re comfortable being yourself, you do your best work and inspire others to do the same.
Sound like you? Read on.
- You’ll lead frontend and backend engineering teams to build product features from start to finish, from conception to implementation and maintenance.
- You’ll collaborate with our talented design and product teams to ideate, concept, validate and develop new products and features
- You’ll define the technical architecture of a product, and help plan development cycles or sprints to deliver applications in production
- You’ll provide an informed point-of-view on software engineering tools and technologies, and design technical solutions that internal and client teams understand and are excited to work on
- You’ll architect and release production applications with global scalability, availability, and performance as a requirement
- You’ll code and review code for quality, correctness, consistency, and performance
- You’ll meet clients, and participate in shares with the client stakeholders on technical architecture choices and project progress
What we’re looking for
- You can articulate engineering solutions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders using oral and written communications
- You have experience in frontend development, ideally using React or React Native
- You have experience in backend development with REST and GraphQL APIs, ideally in Node.JS
- You have cloud infrastructure and devOps experience, ideally using infrastructure as code tools, like Terraform on AWS
- You’re always learning and invested in keeping up to date with advances in technology
- 6+ years of Full Stack experience, in an agency setting is a bonus
- You have an appreciation of design and user experience
Equal opportunity employer
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways! We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.