We’re open to remote candidates located within +/- 4 hours PT.
At the end of the day, Partnerships at MetaLab is a growth team, but we think of it as a bit of a non-traditional one. The function works closely with our teams and plays a huge role in the products we build. Done right, it inspires our talented team by only bringing in the most exciting clients that we can partner with to ship products used by billions of people.
This Partnerships Director role will be focused in continuing to grow our F500 and enterprise relationships. MetaLab was born in the world of startup, helping founders craft incredible solutions to problems through product. The learnings we take from that space is what equips us to build incredible products that scale for world class brands. In this role, you’ll be equal parts leader, strategist, coach and storyteller, as well as an expert judge of both character and potential.
Our team and portfolio are incredible, but it’ll be up to you to communicate that in a way that is both quietly confident and undeniably compelling.
- Understand MetaLab’s business, people, strengths, processes, and culture inside and out, so you can represent us to clients.
- Qualify inbound leads to figure out if they’re the right fit for MetaLab. If they are, nurture those relationships until the deal is closed and you’ve handed them off into our account team’s loving arms.
- Partner with our teams to understand our existing work and relationships in enterprise, so we can find more work we love as we expand those client relationships.
- Take initiative by scouring through our past network of clients, tracking market news/product launches, and building relationships with interesting clients who’ve maybe never heard of MetaLab (but who we think we could do incredible work with).
- Lead the entire sales cycle process alongside our internal teams to strategize and estimate approaches to solve unique product challenges.
- Craft thoughtful storytelling to communicate our team’s value and lead pitch teams in the building and presentation of proposals.
- Work closely with executive leadership and marketing teams to build out organizational strategy for this segment and our approach to our service offerings.
The must-have shortlist:
- 8+ years of experience in sales or client services within agency or consulting settings.
- A deep understanding of design and development teams and how they work.
- A people person who can win over the hearts of clients and internal teams alike, while also ensuring that the clients we bring in the door are the right fit for our team.
- Experience making the first move in forming relationships with clients big and small, whether through social selling or outbound.
- A constant curiosity towards what makes a product successful and how that applies to our clients’ businesses.
- Ability to navigate the buying process of complex organizations and effectively negotiate terms (procurement, pricing, etc.).
- Experience building growth strategy, both for approaches to a market or client type, as well as building and managing a team with direct reports.
- Ability to travel from time to time. We can do a lot over Zoom and try to save the carbon when we can, but sometimes a good face-to-face is needed.
- Track record of closing high-value sales with minimum deal sizes in the hundreds of thousands and targets in the millions.
- No ego. The role has a fair bit of individual work involved, but this isn’t a traditional lone wolf sales org. We work as a team and we’re better for it.
Equal opportunity employer
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways! We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.