We are looking for a Chief of Staff to join our leadership team to advance our mission to bring amazing products that people use every day to life for the best clients in the world. This role will be responsible for 1) overseeing the leadership team’s operating cadence and 2) developing new strategies to meet current and future needs of the company. In this role, you'll report to and work closely with our CEO to help lead strategic initiatives across the company, drive new projects, and be a liaison across the team.
You’ll relish wearing two (overlapping) hats: Chief of Staff and Head of Strategic initiatives. As Chief of Staff, you are obsessed with the art and science of helping teams succeed. You thrive in situations that require driving to help teams align and execute around common goals. You wield a growth mindset -- you’re ambitious about the impact of what you’re working on and you get out of bed every day to help teams keep moving forward. You’re organized and detailed, personable and empathetic, and insatiably curious. You stay up to speed on external forces: market changes, business news, and internal: the rhythms of MetaLab to inform your approach as you help us deliver our most critical projects. You’re equally excited by the prospect of coming to the table with a strategy on how to kill meetings and by running an effective one. TL;DR: You have ideas. You help teams focus. You get stuff done.
As the Head of Strategic Initiatives at MetaLab, your responsibility is providing strategic support, thought leadership, business analysis, program management and real-time execution of select key strategic initiatives. You’ll focus on developing and driving long-term and mission-critical initiatives alongside the CEO and the cross-functional Executive team.
- Lead cross-functional, high-impact projects as directed by the CEO
- Collaborate with the executive team to implement, coordinate, and improve best practices and ensure consistency of strategy across these partners, assisting with regular prioritization and planning.
- Own large scale business-critical initiatives, particularly those that span multiple teams; organize, motivate, and lead senior stakeholders from across MetaLab.
- Proactively identify, develop, manage and complete the successful implementation of strategic initiatives that enable revenue growth and/or accelerate company profitability and efficiency
- Determine, track, and report metrics that measure the successful implementation of various strategic projects and initiatives
- Identify and elevate issues the CEO should be aware of and provide ideas to resolve the problem and mitigate risk
- Act as the company representative and voice of the CEO with internal and external parties
- Collaborate and build trust with cross-functional leads to develop new growth opportunities and scalable programs that increase operating efficiency
- Proactively propose new revenue ideas, strategic pivots, and business improvement tactics and persuade senior leadership about the actions to be taken
- Thoughtfully develop and define business requirements and KPIs that enable the business to track performance and success
- Provide constant and clear communication of objectives, status, tactics, and results to all relevant stakeholders; identify metrics-driven insights, plus required actions
- Make timely, fact-based decisions and provide clear direction to teams
- Understand and influence the rhythm of the business: run and optimize key exec meetings & process to help the CEO and executive team be more successful
The must-have shortlist
- Previous experience in a strategic initiative or chief of staff capacity
- Business acumen and comfort with a people business
- Strong communication and storytelling
- Can build and collaboratively drive narratives and presentations for the company
- Helped companies scale and previously worked on change initiatives
- Well-developed program management skills
- Strong understanding of the market we’re operating in
- Comfortable influencing and interfacing with various stakeholders at all levels and across functions
- Communication and interpersonal skills are two of your greatest strengths
- Attention to detail that drives desired results
- You build clear, concise, and compelling presentations
- Anticipate problems early and take necessary measures to mitigate risk
- Bonus points for experience in consulting/ business strategy and change management
Equal opportunity employer
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways! We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.