We are open to remote candidates for this role
At MetaLab, we ship beautiful, valuable products. Your role is key to ensuring we do this successfully.
As a Product Management Lead, you thrive not only in the intricate details of product delivery and shipping products, but also in the definition of products with your strategic POV. You’ll help define the core product vision, goals, functionality, and requirements through close collaboration with your project team and clients. You’ll identify market forces, translate user needs into action, and work hands-on with our design and engineering teams to build products for our clients that align with the needs of their business.
You’ll be expected to quickly jump between altitudes — seeing the forest through trees, while also understanding how each and every tree in the forest is important.
Based on your understanding of a client’s business, market trends, user needs, and technical constraints, you will shape product visions and strategies in partnership with project leads and Product Directors through the formulation and clear articulation of:
- Areas of opportunity and recommend areas of focus for products
- Product outcomes, objectives, and key metrics
- Product features and capabilities
- Product roadmaps and delivery approaches rooted in the strategy
- Keep the team and client laser-focused on solving the right problem at the right time through an outcome-driven approach to product definition, prioritization, and delivery that will enable us to put the best product into the world
- Support a cross-functional working environment by ensuring all voices are heard, challenging the team throughout the definition and delivery process, and by building and maintaining productive relationships with both the client and team
- Lead and be hands-on in product delivery with limited oversight, utilizing a variety of product development methodologies and creating a wide array of product artifacts to support the design and engineering teams (eg: backlogs, user stories, sprint plans, briefs, requirements documentation, dependency diagrams, logic flows)
- Collaborate with engineering leads and project management to define technical implementation methods, assess backend requirements, generate technical estimates, and mitigate delivery impediments
The must-have short list:
- At least 5+ years of experience shaping and shipping products through a variety of definition and delivery methodologies
- Equal passion for both shaping and shipping products — you never hesitate to roll up your sleeves to get the job done wherever the team is in the process
- Experience generating insights and POVs based on market trends, quantitative and qualitative business data, and user research
- A nuanced understanding of the differences working with startups and enterprise clients
- Able to empathetically and effectively engage with users, translating their emotions into real solutions
- Ability to quickly understand, simplify, internalize, and communicate complex or technical concepts
- Excellent communicator utilizing all modes of communications (narrative, visual, etc) to ensure alignment with clients of all levels and the internal team
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in design, engineering, research, and content strategy
- Have an in-depth understanding of what each discipline needs for effective product delivery
Equal opportunity employer
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways! We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.