We are open to remote candidates within +/- 3 hours of the PST timezone. 

MetaLab is a growing Mac-only, cloud-only team working together around the world. Everything you’ll do in this role — from choosing a SaaS provider to deployment of new software — is driven by empowering our teams to do their best work while maintaining our technical & security requirements. 

You will work with the Operations team and partner with department heads and external vendors to review business requirements, select, implement and configure new SaaS tools, document workflows, and introduce efficiencies through automation and continuous process improvements. You’ll also work with end users to support Tier 2 issues and escalations and help build & support in managing the yearly IT budgets to ensure we use the best tools while keeping costs in check. Above all else, you’re passionate about shaping how teams use technology to make their lives easier while providing secure methods for end users to access critical resources and tools.

Responsibilities

• Provide Tier 2 technical problem support resolution to end users
  • Triage issues, resolve directly, or coordinate a resolution with other Operations teammates or broader external SaaS support providers
  • Responsible for managing vendor database, relationships, and negotiation as needed
  • Set SaaS system security strategies, policies, and procedures
  • Research SaaS providers, platforms, software, and other cloud solutions
  • Ensure all software licenses, maintenance agreements, and renewals are up to date
  • Collaborate with Operations and departmental leadership to define IT budgets
  • Contribute to, participate in, and support organizational projects that include IT and technology implementations
  • Create requirements documentation, user guides, training materials, and knowledge base articles for end users and teams
  • Ensure systems are secure, data integrity is maintained, and processes conform to ITIL standards using a mix of Okta, MDM, and end user OS tooling

The must-have shortlist

• Growth Oriented: you have a passion for growth and an understanding that the IT field is ever-changing and you want to learn and grow with it
  • Problem Solving: ability to identify issues quickly, resolve or find work-arounds, and diagnose root causes and implement solutions to prevent repeat occurrences
  • Empathetic: it’s very little effort for you to demonstrate empathy, optimism, and patience when working with end users
  • Communications: ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex systems information to end users and departmental leadership 
  • Automation Driven: think small teams, high impact — you have a passion for automating away administrative work and utilizing modern IT automation to reduce repeatable work

Skills & Experience

• 5+ years IT administration experience focusing on SaaS and Mac-based environments
  • Deep experience with Google Workspace administration
  • Deep experience with cloud-based identity and access management software like Okta
  • Experience with cloud-based MDM software such as Jamf or Kandji
  • Experience with Apple Business Manager and planning deployment of Mac hardware
  • Experience with automation tools such as Zapier or Integromat
  • Experience contributing to and measuring departmental budgets
  • Basic understanding of network administration
  • Experience with vendor management
  • Detail oriented and able to work autonomously
  • Ability to prioritize and organize workload across multiple groups
  • Strong ability to build relationships and trust with team members
  • Experience working within global teams, and implementing technical solutions to business challenges
  • Big plus for those with CompTIA A+ and Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) certifications

Equal opportunity employer

Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways!  We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life.  We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.

Apply for this Job

* Required

Voluntary Demographics

At MetaLab, we hire based on raw talent and authenticity, not race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or anything else.

We conduct this voluntary demographic questionnaire to identify opportunities to promote a more inclusive hiring process.

Your response, or choice to not respond, is entirely voluntary and will not affect or be linked to your application in any way. Should you choose to respond, your responses will be used in aggregate only and remain entirely anonymous.

I identify my gender as:

I identify as transgender:

I identify my sexual orientation as:

Candidates within North America ONLY (leave blank if outside North America): I identify my ethnic origin as (mark all that apply):

Candidates outside North America ONLY (leave blank if within North America): I identify my ethnic origin as (mark all that apply):

I have a disability or impairment (check all that apply):