We are open to remote candidates for this role.
At MetaLab, we ship beautiful, valuable products. Your role will ensure that we’re bringing forward the best possible product to our clients and their customers. You’ll bring your unique mix of creativity, technical acumen, and business sense to take products from idea to reality. As a Product Director, you'll bring strong, insight-driven strategic thinking and product delivery expertise to the table as you establish a shared product vision and strategy for our clients and subsequently translate that vision into a clear path forward for delivery. You’ll balance multiple priorities — finding yourself defining a product vision on one project, leading teams towards an MVP launch on another, while also having responsibility for internal product discipline leadership. On any given day, you’re able to step up and lead or step back and evaluate how to best support your team. You relish these challenges because you’ve been described over and over again as a strategist who can ship.
You’ll be on the ground floor of a growing discipline at MetaLab, so there are a lot of opportunities to shape how we will work together and ship incredible products.
- A deep desire to collaborate with designers, producers, and technologists to develop new ideas, launch amazing products, and deliver exceptional experiences
- Lead the shaping of product visions and strategies in partnership with project leads
- Identify areas of opportunity and recommend areas of focus
- Define product outcomes, objectives, features, capabilities, and key metrics
- Develop roadmaps and delivery approaches rooted in strategy
- Build and maintain productive relationships with client stakeholders and internal project teams, setting direction for the team and keeping everyone laser-focused on solving the right problem at the right time through an outcome-driven approach to product definition, prioritization, and delivery
- Lead and be hands-on in product delivery, utilizing a variety of product development methodologies and creating a wide array of product artifacts to support the design and engineering teams (eg: backlogs, user stories, sprint plans, briefs, requirements documentation, dependency diagrams, logic flows)
- Roll up your sleeves, get in the work, and provide guidance to several project teams simultaneously
- Develop scalable product definition and delivery methodologies in partnership with other discipline leads
- Assist in operational needs of the discipline including resourcing, scoping, and mentorship of product managers
The must-have short list:
- Experience at a digital product agency or consultancy or a product company, shaping and shipping multiple concurrent products through a variety of definition and delivery methodologies
- Managed 2+ products from concept through production rollout
- Demonstrated track record of shipping products
- Equal passion for both shaping and shipping products — you never hesitate to roll up your sleeves to get the job done wherever the team is in the process
- Expertise in generating insights and POVs based on market trends, quantitative and qualitative business data, and user research
- Able to empathetically and effectively engage with users and clients, translating their emotions and needs into real solutions
- Ability to quickly understand, simplify, internalize, and communicate complex or technical concepts
- Excellent communicator utilizing all modes of communications (narrative, visual, etc) to ensure alignment with clients of all levels and the internal team
- Experience leading and working with cross-functional teams in design, engineering, research, and content strategy
- Have an in-depth understanding of what each discipline needs for effective product delivery
- Comfortable defining new processes and assessing where to provide the most value on a project by project basis
- Comfortable scoping new initiatives, taking calculated risks, and presenting to executives
- Experience managing and mentoring team members
Equal opportunity employer
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways! We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.