We’re open to candidates located +/- 3 hours PDT.
This role is a 1 year contract.
The Resourcing Manager role at MetaLab works closely with Sales, Client Services, and Service Delivery leadership and stakeholders to utilize the best mix of talent so our teams can deliver exceptional projects while enjoying their work. We’re a growing company, and you’ll be responsible for helping manage how we evolve our resource management and capacity planning. You will use tools and an analytical eye to track and measure the efficiency of resourcing usage, and, based on this data, identify opportunities for improvements in our estimation and staffing in collaboration with other departments. The Resourcing team also works directly with our Talent recruitment team and department leaders to facilitate appropriate hiring forecasting across the company. Above all else, this role’s success relies on staying one step ahead of things to ensure balance between new projects and team health.
- Working with teams to identify resource needs and allocate teammates based on each project’s requirements
- Working with Sales, Client Services, and Service Delivery leadership and stakeholders to understand new project pipeline and opportunities to build, maintain, and communicate resource forecasts
- Ensuring our team has the capacity to support opportunities and projects, identifying resource needs and excess
- Assisting Project Managers with resource allocation accuracy and challenges
- Managing vendor database, relationships, negotiations, and usage as needed
- Collaborating with our Business Operations team to establish tools, reporting, and process around all functions of resource management
- Performing capacity reporting and analysis
- Collaborating with Operations and Departmental leadership to define hiring forecasting and needs
The must-have shortlist
- Change Oriented: you maintain a positive outlook in difficult situations and you work effectively in the face of ambiguity & shifting priorities
- Problem Solving: you’re a strategic thinker who is able to use diplomacy, experience and instinct to develop simple solutions to complex issues or competing demands
- Empathetic: it’s very little effort for you to demonstrate empathy, optimism, and patience in working with department heads and sales teams to work in service of each’s needs
- Communications: you’re able to articulate ideas clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles
- Teamwork: you act as a catalyst for formulating a team-oriented environment to achieve common goals
- Proactive: you don’t wait for others to surface challenges or issues you’re already seeing. You know that bringing forward issues is a strength and is crucial to this role’s success
- Accountability: you assume ownership for achieving personal and team goals and don’t avoid flagging where support or clarity is needed
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years resource management experience in the technology industry, preferably in an agency setting
- Experience with vendor management, contracts and negotiation
- Strong acumen in Google Sheets/Excel and a deep affinity for data and analytics
- Experience with Smartsheet and 10k Feet resource management software is a huge plus
- Experience managing departmental budgets and measurement to goals
- Experience with contract review and management
- Assertive but empathetic conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills
- Highly detail oriented and able to work autonomously
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload across multiple groups
- Strong ability to build relationships and trust with team members
Equal opportunity employer
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways! We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.