We’re open to candidates within +/- 3 hours of the PST.
At the end of the day, Partnerships at MetaLab is a sales team, but we like to think of it as a bit of a non-traditional one. This role is all about people and product. Partnerships Managers work to inspire our talented team by only bringing in the most exciting clients that we can partner with to ship products used by billions of people.
This role requires you to be an expert judge of both character and potential. With inbound leads, you’ll need to be adept at getting to know people, their goals, and the complexities of their business to determine whether they’re a fit for our team. You’ll also study up on new businesses, products, and emerging industries to stay informed and identify possible clients that we think would be great partners
Our team and portfolio are incredible, but it’ll be up to you to communicate that in a way that is both quietly confident and undeniably compelling. Traditional sales techniques don’t really match our vibe, so while hard work is a must, we’re looking for people who value authenticity over the classic pitch.
- Qualify inbound leads to figure out if they’re the right fit for MetaLab. If they are, nurture those relationships until the deal is closed and you’ve handed them off into our account team’s loving arms.
- Take initiative by scouring through our past network of clients, tracking market news/product launches, and building relationships with interesting clients who’ve maybe never heard of MetaLab (but who we think we could do incredible work with).
- Understand MetaLab’s business, people, strengths, processes, and culture inside and out, so you can represent us to clients.
- Lead the process alongside our internal teams to strategize, estimate, and present proposals for new projects.
- We can do a lot over Zoom, but sometimes a good face-to-face is best. Occasional travel will be required.
The must-have shortlist:
- 5–8+ years of experience in sales or client services within agency or consulting settings.
- A deep understanding of design and development teams and how they work.
- A people person who can win over the hearts of clients and internal teams alike, while also ensuring that the clients we bring in the door are the right fit for our team.
- Experience making the first move in forming relationships with clients big and small, whether through social selling or outbound.
- A constant curiosity towards what makes a product successful and how that applies to our clients’ businesses.
- You’ve consistently closed high-value sales with deal size above $100K+ and targets above $1MM+.
- No ego. The role has a fair bit of individual work involved, but this isn’t a traditional lone wolf sales org. We work as a team and we’re better for it.
Equal opportunity employer
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways! We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.