Have a good head for hats? As a Client Partner at MetaLab, you’ll be wearing quite a few. Part strategy, part business development, part quality control, and part diplomatic relations, this role requires exceptional communication and relationship skills and a graceful determination to represent multiple perspectives at once.

To succeed in this role, you’ll have to help teams find harmony among business, stakeholder and user needs, and at the same time lay the groundwork for new partnerships to develop. You’ll have to stay one step ahead of things, keeping a close read on internal and client morale and can proactively manage the good, the bad and the ambiguous with confidence. 

Your responsibilities:

• Communicate MetaLab’s differentiators in a compelling, articulate way.
  • Gather project details, collaborate with internal stakeholders to create estimates and proposals, and negotiate contract terms.
  • Work with key client stakeholders and internal teams to onboard new projects at MetaLab
  • Manage and set client expectations, combining client needs with MetaLab’s ability to figure out the best way to deliver successful products. 
  • Nurture existing client relationships and identify opportunities to expand them into long-term, recurring engagements.
  • Work with internal teams to create, refine and execute strategies that help win new project opportunities.
  • Lead communication between the internal team and the key client stakeholders and establish a check-in cadence that supports the account/project flow.
  • Educate the client on best practices in product design and development while advocating for them throughout the project. 
  • Manage revenue realization and forecasting for all assigned accounts/projects.
  • Travel to client sites on an as-needed basis.

The must-have shortlist:

• 5+ years of experience in a client services capacity, preferably in a product design and/or software development agency.
  • You have a proven track record in account management and growth, new business development, and leadership of cross-functional teams
  • You are comfortable interacting with clients of all levels and industry backgrounds, from the C-suite to product managers, and know intuitively how to best facilitate the relationship between MetaLab and our clients in any given situation. 
  • You are a strategic thinker, with the drive to be a trusted partner and advisor to the clients across various aspects of their business as it relates to product design and development.
  • Fine-tuned radar for potential risk, paired with a fine-tuned strategy for mitigating them before they impact the client.
  • Understanding of and appreciation for great product design and development, and the processes required to achieve it.

Equal opportunity employer

Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways!  We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life.  We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.

Apply for this Job

* Required

Voluntary Demographics

At MetaLab, we hire based on raw talent and authenticity, not race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or anything else.

We conduct this voluntary demographic questionnaire to identify opportunities to promote a more inclusive hiring process.

Your response, or choice to not respond, is entirely voluntary and will not affect or be linked to your application in any way. Should you choose to respond, your responses will be used in aggregate only and remain entirely anonymous.

I identify my gender as:

I identify as transgender:

I identify my sexual orientation as:

Candidates within North America ONLY (leave blank if outside North America): I identify my ethnic origin as (mark all that apply):

Candidates outside North America ONLY (leave blank if within North America): I identify my ethnic origin as (mark all that apply):

I have a disability or impairment (check all that apply):