We’re open to candidates located +/- 1 hour ET.
Some people think that project delivery managers are the unsung heroes of the agency world. At MetaLab, we say, “Sing it louder for the people in the back!”
You’re not in the design or engineering files, but you’re the superglue that holds it all together. Never losing sight of the big picture or the fine details, you successfully navigate any curve balls thrown your way. Your masterful communication and problem-solving impresses even the most challenging of clients. Balancing patience and empathy with diplomacy and determination, your leadership skills create an environment for high-performing teams. You understand the value of collaboration and have a vested interest in helping everyone across the finish line. You step in and up wherever support is needed, and you’re the fearless advocate that everybody loves to love.
- Serve as the main point of contact for internal teams and clients.
- Own the project plan with schedule, communications, risk, and deliverables.
- Support team members by removing barriers to their work and identifying ways to work effectively. Drive decision-making on the scope.
- Manage project financials, timeline, resources, priorities.
- Identify, mitigate, communicate and escalate project risks + opportunities. Understand risks associated with product design and development.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (internal team and client) to define product vision and roadmap.
- Collaborate with the project team to define the product scope, roadmap, and milestones. Work closely with the client and internal team to determine the feature requirements.
- Manage the scope prioritization and delivery expectations with the client.
- Development team management. Assist with JIRA setup, sprint planning, sprint grooming, coordinating sprint reviews, and bi-weekly retros.
- Review and provide feedback on work progress to ensure it meets MetaLab quality standards and project objectives.
The Must-have Shortlist
- Agency experience
- Experience managing web and native mobile products
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in design + engineering. Experience working with strategy, research, and content/copywriting teams a plus
- Exceptional communication skills, including a nuanced understanding of the differences in working with startups and enterprise clients
- Ability to quickly establish rapport and trust with team members and clients
- Unparalleled ability to read the room (and these days, a Zoom call)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
Equal opportunity employer
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways! We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.