The design team is looking for experienced individuals to help create beautiful and highly functional products for our clients and their users. As a product designer at MetaLab, you’ll be part of the entire project lifecycle from start to finish. Expectations include contributions to all aspects of the design process including research, wireframing/prototyping, and visual design. This is a great role for someone who has had experience with the pace and variety of agency work and wants to continue to grow their skillset within a team based environment. Adaptability, a highly collaborative attitude, and a desire for continued growth is a must.
We are not looking for those with experience that only touches in advertising, branding, campaigns, or marketing. We are a digital product shop, and the ability to understand digital product building is paramount to your success.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 3+ years of experience bringing digital products to life (ideally in an agency or consulting environment).
- Ability to pitch, educate, and define your design rationale to clients. You can articulate the ‘why’ and lead discussions around your process, explorations, and conclusions.
- A solid portfolio of product work that can speak to both your UX and visual design skills.
- Prototyping and interaction design experience, ideally with Framer.js and/or Principle.
- Clear and open communication skills. You can articulate feedback to help your teammates become stronger designers.
- Ability to translate stakeholder goals, user research, and complex user flows into clean, usable UIs.
- A solid and up to date understanding of best practices, developments and trends in web, mobile and iOS design.
- Ego-less and objective. You receive feedback well and can iterate on your designs within a team, no matter how attached to them you are.
- Strong knowledge of UX principles and best practices, including understanding when and where user testing and research should be incorporated into the product design process.
We are open to remote candidates for this role.
Please include a link or attachment with your portfolio when you apply. Resumes are helpful to understand your experience but we would like to see work samples as well. If you aren't able to share work publicly, just note that in your cover letter so we know why it's missing from your application.