This is for a 2+ month contract and we are open to remote candidates within +/- 4 hours PT
At MetaLab, we ship beautiful, valuable products. We believe the magic happens when you combine thoughtful collaboration, strong processes, and the freedom for people to be themselves. When you’re comfortable being yourself, you do your best work and inspire others to do the same.
As a contract Android Developer, you will help set up projects and bring products across the finish line for the world to enjoy. To thrive in this role, you’ll provide technical support and guidance, tackle new skills, and show up ready for anything.
Sound like you? Read on.
- Collaborate with your project team on tasks from the backlog that are based on the project's priorities
- Deliver features on time while being comfortable with ambiguity and even more comfortable asking the kinds of questions that lead to clarity
- Understand the current sprint priorities and know when to change focus to finish the sprint on time as well as raise any flags when you suspect the project timeline might be at risk
- Provide feedback on designs for completeness, implementation effort, and feasibility
- Help plan out sprints by writing tasks and providing estimates
- Review project team members' code submissions to match the needs of the project (in terms of quality, correctness, consistency, performance, etc)
- Participate in shares with the client stakeholders on project progress
- Support department by sharing technical knowledge you learn with other project teams
- Identify when your project team members are stuck on a technical challenge and offer support
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of native Android experience (in an agency setting is a bonus)
- Appreciation of design and can protect its complexity without compromising fidelity
- Ability to multitask without compromising your diligent attention to detail
- Responds positively and is able to help the team adapt to changing priorities within fast-paced projects
- Organized, self-motivated, and comfortable advocating for yourself and the work
- Experience with Kotlin and Android SDK
- Experience in dependency management tools (Hilt and Dagger)
- Experience with clean architecture patterns (MVVM)
- Experience with Android Architecture Components (Lifecycle, Room, View Models, etc.)
- Experience in unit and instrumentation testing (JUnit, Espresso)
- Experience working with Kotlin Coroutines and Flow
- You have shipped an app to the Google Play Store
Equal opportunity employer
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to only apply for a job when they meet every single criteria. Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box? Reach out anyways! We’re an equal opportunity employer and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life. We hire based on talent, and we’re proud of our global perspective.