At Bean Cannabis Shop, we set the standard for customer experience. Our philosophy is simple: match the products we sell with the specific needs of each customer, offer our products in a clean, contemporary space that invites return visits, and make a positive impact on the communities in which we live and work. We are currently searching for an energetic and charismatic leader to join our team as a Team Leader.
You’re a natural teacher and have a passion for helping others deliver outstanding customer service. Reporting to the Store Manager, you will lead, coach, and develop your team to make a positive impact in the NewLeaf communities.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a team player: support our store leadership team in all things operational as well as support in the training on standard operating procedures to ensure our Sales Associates have the proper understanding of product information and brand history.
- Live the culture: be the industry leader in delivering a knowledgeable, genuine, and exceptional customer experience.
- Have an eye for detail: make sure the store is inviting, spotless, and well merchandised.
- Share your passion: coach and mentor our Sales Associates to improve performance and develop key selling and operational skills that enhance the overall customer experience.
- Build the brand: create a welcoming environment for customers and make a positive impact engaging with the communities in which we work.
- Be responsible: ensure compliance of all store operating procedures, and store opening and closing procedures are in alignment with company and AGLC standards.
- Be an educator: ensure an outstanding customer experience by enhancing the cannabis education of all customers and effectively resolve any customer concerns.
If you have:
- Demonstrated leadership skills and at least 1 years’ retail leadership experience,
- Experience working with similar brands/products (not necessary, but an asset),
- Must have current Qualified Cannabis Worker (QCW) certification,
- A flexible schedule (weekdays, weekends and evenings), and
- A passion for customer service excellence
And these qualifications:
- MS Office suite
- POS expertise
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Demonstrated abilities in visual planning and merchandising
Statement on Diversity & Inclusivity
Bean Cannabis Shop provides services in one of the most diverse countries in the world. The diversity of our communities takes many forms. It includes differences related to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender identity, gender expression and presentation, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability and socioeconomic status. We see diversity as an asset to our organization and communities and strive to be reflective of the communities that we serve. We commit ourselves to promoting better understanding and appreciation of our human diversity; a commitment which is best realized through our individual and collective effort.
Bean Cannabis Shop is professionally and personally committed to celebrating the rich diversity of people who work in our company, to those who live in our communities, and to those who access our services and resources. We believe that it is critical that our services empower freedom of thought and opinion in an environment of mutual respect. All our activities and interactions are enriched by accepting each other as we are and by celebrating our uniqueness as well as our commonality. We are guided by the principle that celebrating diversity enriches and empowers the lives of all people.
Bean Cannabis Shop welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities, as such reasonable accommodations are available upon request from a candidate with a disability, thus ensuring you can take part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If as a qualified job applicant, you request an accommodation, Bean Cannabis Shop will consult with you and provide reasonable accommodations according to your accessibility needs. If you wish to make a request, please provide a cover letter, when applying to this position.
The successful candidate to this role will be asked to complete a background screen, which may include criminal, credit, employment and/or educational checks. All offers of employment are conditional on the receipt of satisfactory results of any applicable check.
This is an evolving position as such, the job responsibilities and title may shift to reflect a change in requirements.
How to apply:
Unless otherwise stated, at this time applications are only being considered from candidates, currently eligible to work in Canada, without sponsorship, either at the time of applying or at any time in the future.
If you are interested in this position and can clearly demonstrate that you meet the requirements defined in the job description, please put #chooseme on your resume and complete our online application form. Applications and resumes submitted by other means may not be reviewed or accepted.
No telephone calls please. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Message to Agencies
Bean Cannabis Shop does not accept unsolicited telephone calls, referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates, via our website. We will not consider unsolicited telephone calls, referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. The submission of referrals or resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to Meta Growth employees is not welcome. Unsolicited referrals and resumes sent to Bean Cannabis Shop are deemed gratuitous, and the company will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any referral or other fee if a person referred to us from a source other than a candidate is hired.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, resumes will be accepted from approved vendors who have written agreements in place with Bean Cannabis Shop, and then only to the extent such agreement covers a specified position and, if required by such agreement, the submission of resumes by the vendor has been authorized in writing by Bean Cannabis Shop for such specified position. Any resume submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of Bean Cannabis Shop and no fee shall be due for any candidate that may be subsequently hired.