MetaCX has created the world’s first Business Value Network to facilitate the flow of value across the entire enterprise value chain, linking vendors, customers, partners and teams in a shared system of record for value creation.
Headquartered in Indianapolis, MetaCX has raised $24.5 million from Upfront Ventures, High Alpha, Greenspring, BIP Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank, and is led by Founder Scott McCorkle, former president of ExactTarget and CEO of Salesforce Marketing Cloud, and former executives from Salesforce, ExactTarget, Facebook, and Drift. For more information, visit https://metacx.com or follow the company on Twitter @metacx.
About the Role:
As a Product Designer, you will create products to expand new branches of the platform and deepen existing functionalities and experiences. As part of the design and product team, you’ll work closely with your design colleagues and primarily report to the director of product design. You will also collaborate with the engineering team, product managers, and periodically, other cross-functional teams.
In MetaCX, we strongly encourage every individual to feel and take ownership of any and all of their contributions towards the product and company. We believe this manifests in a multitude of ways but we’ve found a few key principles to subscribe to:
What You’ll Do:
- Conducting discovery and exploratory work on projects large and small and conceptual to technically-detailed. This will include being able to form framing questions to help define scope, facilitating conversations with key stakeholders—just to name a few.
- Lean into ambiguity and bravely dive into complexity.
- Articulate clear rationale around the work, bringing along metaphorical constructs for purposeful impact. At MetaCX, we’re not simply designing UI; we’re making sure each piece we introduce into our system has meaning and a rightful place.
- Juggle more than one initiative, or project at a time. While we try to keep focus on one, there are times when smaller contributions and support will be necessary for others.
- Take initiative in the work but share early and often.
- Work with the engineers and product managers to make sure development of the product is smoothly handled throughout release cycles.
- Strive for clarity and alignment in the work and processes.
- Collaborate respectfully and treat each other kindly.
Why You Love Working Here:
- You will design and create a state-of-the-art user experience with a team of talented engineers.
- You will make decisions to drive projects forward in a fast-paced and high-growth environment.
- You will work with modern technologies to build an innovative product
- You are a strong technical leader; you gather inputs with an open mind, make sound decisions, build consensus and momentum in the team, then follow through to completion.
- You understand that code isn’t complete until it’s in production with excellent performance and high quality
- You work well in a flexible environment and remote environment
What We Need From You:
- Attend product and design meetings to review in-progress work, and grooming sessions with engineers as necessary.
- In addition to the standing meetings, you will be available for adhoc calls, Slack discussions, and questions from JIRA or Figma.
- Active contribution in JIRA will be necessary, reviewing requirements, answering comments, and attaching design links (from Figma) to tickets and initiatives.
- Provide visibility of work to the Director of Product Design and gather feedback from your design colleagues.