MetaCX is pioneering a new outcomes-based approach for managing the customer lifecycle. Founded in 2018, MetaCX is led by co-founder and CEO Scott McCorkle, who was previously the CEO of Salesforce Marketing Cloud following the company’s $2.5 billion acquisition of ExactTarget, where he served as president. MetaCX was launched out of the High Alpha Venture Studio and secured $14 million in funding led by Upfront Ventures, a leading early-stage venture capital firm based in Los Angeles.
MetaCX 's headquarters is located in Indianapolis, but we have built a fully distributed team from day one. We recruit the best talent from all over the US. Work where you are happiest and most productive - whether it be at HQ, a local office, coworking space, or from home. If we can legally pay you, you can work there.
About the Role:
We're adding a Middle-Tier Apache Druid / Node.js Developer to our team. We need someone who is opinionated and does the work to back up their opinions. Our goal is to create a world-class remote engineering team, and we’re looking for someone with the technical leadership to help make it happen.
With this, our current stack utilizes Google Kubernetes Engine running Node.js services and other Google Cloud Platform tools. Our analytics are currently backed by BigTable and Google PubSub, but we are beginning to include Apache Druid.
Why You Love Working Here:
- You will design and implement state-of-the-art business-network analytics with a team of talented engineers.
- You will make decisions to drive projects forward in a fast-paced and high-growth environment.
- You will work with modern technologies to build an innovative product.
What You’ll Do:
- Be involved in infrastructure and configuration decisions to help Identify and articulate technical risks and obstacles, and generate elegant solutions.
- Ensure development deliverables are performant, scalable, resilient, and have appropriate instrumentation and monitoring.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve new systems and features.
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders.
- Perform code reviews to ensure quality expectations are met.
- Work in a fast-paced environment to keep up with customer demands.
- Optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- You are a strong technical leader; you gather inputs with an open mind, make sound decisions, build consensus and momentum in the team, then follow through to completion.
- You understand that code isn’t complete until it’s in production with excellent performance, security, and quality.
- You work well in a flexible and remote environment.
What we need from you:
- Senior-level software development experience building highly SaaS products/cloud services on Google Cloud Platform, AWS, or Azure.
- Experience with Apache Druid or similar analytics databases.
- A strong understanding of data warehousing patterns.
- Experience with big data and warehousing technologies like Kafka and BigTable preferred.
- Experience building APIs including REST and GraphQL.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep understanding of modern web applications design architecture, good API design patterns, performance, and scale.