MetaCX is pioneering a new outcomes-based approach for managing the customer lifecycle. Founded in 2018, MetaCX is led by co-founder and CEO Scott McCorkle, who was previously the CEO of Salesforce Marketing Cloud following the company’s $2.5 billion acquisition of ExactTarget, where he served as president. MetaCX was launched out of the High Alpha Venture Studio and secured $14 million in funding led by Upfront Ventures, a leading early-stage venture capital firm based in Los Angeles.
MetaCX 's headquarters is located in Indianapolis, but we have built a fully distributed team from day one. We recruit the best talent from all over the US. Work where you are happiest and most productive - whether it be at HQ, a local office, coworking space, or from home. If we can legally pay you, you can work there.
About the Role:
We’re adding a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to our team. We are hiring a software engineer dedicated to analyzing and improving the performance of our software, automating our processes, improving our application security, and working on the application architecture. Our goal is to create a world-class remote engineering team, and we’re looking for someone with the technical leadership to help make it happen.
With this, our current stack utilizing the Google Cloud Platform, React/Apollo/GraphQL on the front-end with Node.js back-end. It’s currently backed by ArangoDB (graph database), MongoDB, and Cloud Bigtable.
Why You Will Love It:
- You will work with modern technologies to build an innovative product
- You will leverage your prior experiences to solve challenging and unique problems
- You will make decisions to drive projects forward in a fast-paced and high-growth environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify and articulate technical risks and obstacles, and generate elegant solutions.
- Implement and maintain cloud network infrastructure, storage, and compute resources - including VMs and Kubernetes clusters.
- Research and suggest new technologies to help push our platform forward - whether offered by our current cloud provider (GCP) or by another (AWS, Azure).
- Work closely with our architects to determine the best and most cost effective infrastructure to support our app.
- Create and document system architecture and key decisions.
- Automate infrastructure deployment (infrastructure as code).
- Build tools, services and establish processes both within and around the application stack. Work with engineers on the design, deployment and continuous improvement of important infrastructure services (i.e. logging, monitoring and alerting).
- Develop and own best practices/methodologies for provisioning, application scaling, configuration management, capacity planning, monitoring, etc. to improve organization-wide visibility into how distributed systems interact and perform in production
- Troubleshooting, along with support diagnostics and remediation
- Analyze and comprehend how customers are using the platform and help drive continuous improvement of the offerings based on findings
- You think like an owner, and you elevate the team you work with
- You work well in a flexible environment and are excited to wear many hats on a small engineering team
- You thrive in a remote work environment and are a great communicator and collaborator
What we need from you:
- 7+ years experience as an infrastructure engineer
- 3+ years experience implementing cloud solutions
- Experience scaling cloud infrastructure and planning for long-term growth
- Desire to implement and maintain infrastructure
- Ability to recommend infrastructure that will scale
- Experience deploying systems with expectations of 24x7x365 availability
- Strong understanding of infrastructure security standards, and how to implement them in a cloud environment
- Enjoy researching and implementing new technologies as they become available
- Curiosity to iterate and improve on solutions; you view unknowns as challenges and enjoy them
- Active GCP certification is a plus
- The ideal candidate will be excited to have the opportunity to own developing a more robust CI/CD and automation strategy for MetaCX