Customer Success Manager
MetaCX is pioneering a new outcomes-based approach for managing the customer lifecycle. Founded in 2018, MetaCX is led by co-founder and CEO Scott McCorkle, who was previously the CEO of Salesforce Marketing Cloud following the company’s $2.5 billion acquisition of ExactTarget where he served as president, and President Jake Sorofman, former Chief of Research at Gartner and CMO at Pendo. MetaCX was launched out of the High Alpha Venture Studio and secured $21 million in funding led by Upfront Ventures, a leading early-stage venture capital firm based in Los Angeles.
MetaCX 's headquarters is located in Indianapolis, but we have built a fully distributed team from day one. We recruit the best talent from all over the US. Work where you are happiest and most productive - whether it be at HQ, a local office, coworking space, or from home. If we can legally pay you, you can work there.
About the Role:
We're looking for a Strategic Customer Success Manager to help support and grow a small portfolio of our largest, most strategic customers. As a MetaCX Strategic CSM, you’ll partner closely with our customers to adopt MetaCX widely across their organization, ensure they continuously gain business value from our products and services, and help expand new use cases and teams. By engaging your customers using a consultative approach, you’ll position yourself as a preferred long-term strategic partner and serve as the trusted point of contact across their lifecycle: on-boarding, adoption, advocacy and renewal.
Equipped with the knowledge of what it takes for customers to succeed with MetaCX, you will serve as the voice of your customers cross-functionally, providing feedback to the Product team and broader business. To the entire MetaCX team, you’ll exemplify an empathetic, customer-centric perspective and be looked upon as a consultant for our most strategic customers..
What you’ll do:
- Maintain ownership of a small, focused portfolio of strategic customers, weaving a web to develop new relationships and opportunities while also supporting existing teams to drive adoption and holistic account health.
- Act as a strategic consultant to these customers, you will develop a deep understanding of their motivations, business drivers, and strategic goals.
- Develop a strong point of view of how MetaCX can deliver the most important business outcomes across your customers’ tech stack.
- Co-create joint account plans that include business outcomes, success metrics, engagement and adoption strategy, timelines, communication, and customer advocacy and expansion plans.
- Develop and maintain an internal Champion Network across customer’s organization, facilitating workshops on best known practices to catalyze organic growth.
- Analyze customer usage in internal data systems to identify, communicate, and act upon both risks and opportunities; leverage data proactively to help our customers scale up our Maturity Model.
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated success in a Customer Success or Account Management role working with large, complex strategic-level accounts.
- Experience with large (10,000+ employee) customers and navigating parent / child customer accounts.
- Strong executive presence and demonstrated success building high-value relationships with SVP and C-level leadership.
- Proven account planning methodology that has led to large-scale growth in accounts with large, ambiguous whitespace opportunities.
- Experience in a strategic solution sales environment and ability to partner with account executives in development and closure of sales opportunities.
- Relationship-driven with a deft touch in managing internal and external stakeholders.