MetaCX is pioneering a new outcomes-based approach for managing the customer lifecycle. Founded in 2018, MetaCX is led by co-founder and CEO Scott McCorkle, who was previously the CEO of Salesforce Marketing Cloud following the company’s $2.5 billion acquisition of ExactTarget where he served as president, and President Jake Sorofman, former Chief of Research at Gartner and CMO at Pendo. MetaCX was launched out of the High Alpha Venture Studio and secured $21 million in funding led by Upfront Ventures, a leading early-stage venture capital firm based in Los Angeles.
MetaCX 's headquarters is located in Indianapolis, but we have built a fully distributed team from day one. We recruit the best talent from all over the US. Work where you are happiest and most productive - whether it be at HQ, a local office, coworking space, or from home. If we can legally pay you, you can work there.
About the Role:
We’re adding a senior full-stack developer to our team. We need someone who is opinionated and does the work to back up their opinions. Our goal is to create a world-class remote engineering team and we’re looking for someone with the technical leadership to help make it happen.
Our current stack is React/GraphQL on the front end with a Apollo/Node.js back end. It’s currently backed by MongoDB and Cloud Bigtable, and we are investigating supplementing this with a graph database, such as ArangoDB.
Why You Will Love It
- You will work with modern technologies to build an innovative product
- You will leverage your prior experiences to solve challenging and unique problems
- You will design and build a state-of-the-art user experience with a team of talented engineers.
- You will make decisions to drive projects forward in a fast-paced and high-growth environment
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with the broader product team
- Identify and articulate technical risks and obstacles, and generate elegant solutions
- Design, develop and deploy major new components and features
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Set code standards and coach junior developers on using them
- Mentor junior developers
- Write great code and tests
- Work with the team to refine and evolve the engineering culture
- You are a strong technical leader; you gather inputs with an open mind, make sound decisions, build consensus and momentum in the team, then follow through to completion
- You think like an owner, you elevate the team you work with
- You understand that code isn’t complete until it’s in production with excellent performance and high quality
- You work well in a flexible environment and are excited to wear many hats on a small engineering team
- You thrive in a remote work environment and are a great communicator and collaborator
What we need from you:
- Significant senior-level software development experience in the tech stack and technologies we employ
- Deep understanding of modern web applications design architecture, good API design patterns, performance and scale.
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience, such as being an architect or tech lead for high impact customer facing projects.
- Track record of implementing best practices and interest to teach others
- Curiosity to iterate and improve on solutions; you view unknowns as challenges and enjoy them
- Motivation to understand the business, our users, their requirements, and to deliver results