You are an experienced backend engineer who will own, improve and extend our content ingestion service. To be the best source of crypto information, we need to ingest most relevant sources of content, covering industry and traditional news, blogs, forums, papers and all sorts of feeds automatically. This presents interesting scalability, robustness and quality challenges for real-time applications and historic analysis.
From a technical side, the content service is currently built in Python on top of PostgreSQL & RabbitMQ and is deployed as a Kubernetes cluster of microservices. Most of the other services at Messari are Golang based with some Rust for performance and Java for legacy apps. We are pragmatic with technology choices and like to pick areas of innovation carefully.
What you’ll do
- Own and manage the architecture, implementation, deployment, monitoring and integration of the content ingest services within Messari and for outside consumers
- Add new content sources as we expand our coverage (forums, websites, outlets, etc.).
- Maintain, extend and improve the existing ingestion pipelines
Who you are
- 3+ years experience with production backend software engineering using reasonably modern technologies (like SQL, Git) and languages (like Python, Java, Golang).
- Ready and willing to own and drive a complex project, from taking into account internal and external stakeholders to defining, refining, planning, executing and maintaining a vision.
- Experience in or serious interest with in building robust data ingestion pipelines.
- Willing, capable and happy to get deep down into the unglamorous but essential details of operating a complex service (e.g., tuning SQL query performance, handling weird endpoints)
Projects you could work on
- Content ingestion: Extend our content ingestion pipelines to cover any sources of off-chain / non-market signal source we care about.
- Internal content analysis tools: Build and integrate real time content analytics for our internal research team (some of which will turn into external products over time).
What's it like to work with our engineering team?
- A welcoming and open environment with people who love to collaborate on ideas and tackle complex problems
- Work with a small team of engineers with large impact across product, research, and business development
- Participate in forums like Family Meals and Messari Lab to share ideas or technologies you’ve been exploring and tinkering with
Salary Ranges for this position (depending upon experience): #LI-AM1
Associate: $135,000 - $155,000
Mid: $155,000 - $185,000
Senior: $185,000 - $200,000 +
What you’ll love about Messari.
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Health, Dental, & Vision: We care about your well-being so we contribute to the cost of your health benefits. Messari covers 80% of your health, dental, and vision!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Use pretax dollars for any health care needs.
- Life Insurance: Provided to you at no cost, with coverage up to 1x your Annual Salary.
- Disability Insurance: Offering Long-term and Short-term disability to provide a portion of your income during times you are unable to work!
- Flexible Time Off: Forget accrued PTO days. We believe in the power of personal time, so we offer as much flexible time as you need. Just clear it with your team and bon voyage!
- Paid Parental Leave: We encourage you to take care of your little one! We provide 18 weeks for primary caregiver / 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- WeWork: All Access Pass.
- 401k: 3% Match when you invest in your future with our 401K.
- Flexible working life and $500 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our office in New York the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home we’ll assist with a $500 contribution.
- Community & Social Events: Messari is a community, we work hard, and bring each other up! Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates.
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. We contribute $1,500 annually for you to invest in your continued education.
- Health & Wellness Perks: Work-life balance and your wellbeing are important to us. To contribute to your mental & physical wellbeing we gift you a brand new Whoop and a subscription to Headspace, as well as Health Advocacy as part of our Employee Assistance Plan.