As a Data Engineer, you’ll be working alongside our internal research and product teams to expand and optimize our data ingestion and data pipeline architecture. You’ll be responsible for supporting the data needs of our analyst’s research initiatives and will ensure that our data delivery architecture is consistent across ongoing research efforts. Your mission is to ensure our analysts can access data in a smooth and seamless way.
This position is a full-time role. We are currently a remote company and are open to any remote candidates. Our team is distributed around the world and has the processes in place for productive remote work, but we meet up in person as often as possible.
What you'll do
- You are familiar with Python, SQL (familiarity with Dune Analytics preferred) and version control systems (Git)
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from different blockchains. Comfortable interacting with various APIs, and raw blockchain queries preferred.
- You’ll be responsible to assist with coding, designing, deploying and debugging Python tools for data aggregation, processing, and analysis
- Further automate internal data analysis processes and level up Messari’s data science efforts.
- Collaborate on developing, automating, and supporting data pipelines to extract, transform, and load data.
Who you are
- You live and breathe crypto. The more degen the better!
- Deep understanding of blockchain infrastructure for data extraction from EVM and non-EVM chains is a big plus
- Familiarity with programming languages (Python) and version control software (Git) is required for the position.
- You’ve previously shipped end-to-end data pipelines in a (preferably cloud-based) production environment
- Fundamental understanding of protocol mechanisms is required for this position.
- The ideal candidate has advanced working SQL and GraphQL knowledge and experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, and workload management.
Salary Range (dependent upon experience): $126,000 - $154,000
What you’ll love about Messari.
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Health, Dental, & Vision: We care about your well-being so we contribute to the cost of your health benefits. Messari covers 80% of your health, dental, and vision!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Use pretax dollars for any health care needs.
- Life Insurance: Provided to you at no cost, with coverage up to 1x your Annual Salary.
- Disability Insurance: Offering Long-term and Short-term disability to provide a portion of your income during times you are unable to work!
- Flexible Time Off: Forget accrued PTO days. We believe in the power of personal time, so we offer as much flexible time as you need. Just clear it with your team and bon voyage!
- Paid Parental Leave: We encourage you to take care of your little one! We provide 18 weeks for primary caregiver / 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- WeWork: All Access Pass.
- 401k: 3% Match when you invest in your future with our 401K.
- Flexible working life and $500 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our office in New York the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home we’ll assist with a $500 contribution.
- Community & Social Events: Messari is a community, we work hard, and bring each other up! Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates.
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. We contribute $1,500 annually for you to invest in your continued education.
- Health & Wellness Perks: Work-life balance and your wellbeing are important to us. To contribute to your mental & physical wellbeing we gift you a brand new Whoop and a subscription to Headspace, as well as Health Advocacy as part of our Employee Assistance Plan.