As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the data infrastructure at Messari. You will have a critical role in building a performant and scalable data warehouse from the ground floor. You will be working closely with a high caliber team of backend engineers, data engineers, and data scientists to ingest, transform, and analyze huge amount of web3/crypto data from both on-chain and off-chain sources.
What you'll do
- Build, architect, design a data warehouse using cloud solutions from the ground floor (e.g. Snowflake, Databricks, Redshift)
- Create high quality, scalable, streaming data pipelines to ingest web3/crypto data from both on-chain and off-chain sources
- Take initiative and be responsible for improving our data workflow
Who you are
- 5+ years of proven track record in a data engineering or related role.
- Strong knowledge of modern data warehouses (one of: Snowflake, Databricks, Redshift, BigQuery)
- Ability to take ownership of scalable data pipelines.
- A passion for shipping production-quality code.
- Experience working with orchestration tools like Dagster, Airflow, or Prefect
- Experience working with ingestion tools like Airbyte, Fivetran, or Stitch
- (Nice to have) Basic understanding of blockchains, EVM, and smart contracts
Salary Ranges for this position (depending upon experience):
- Associate: $135,000 - $150,000
- Mid: $150,000 - $185,000
- Senior: $185,000 - $200,000+
What you’ll love about Messari.
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Health, Dental, & Vision: We care about your well-being so we contribute to the cost of your health benefits. Messari covers 80% of your health, dental, and vision!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Use pretax dollars for any health care needs.
- Life Insurance: Provided to you at no cost, with coverage up to 1x your Annual Salary.
- Disability Insurance: Offering Long-term and Short-term disability to provide a portion of your income during times you are unable to work!
- Flexible Time Off: Forget accrued PTO days. We believe in the power of personal time, so we offer as much flexible time as you need. Just clear it with your team and bon voyage!
- Paid Parental Leave: We encourage you to take care of your little one! We provide 18 weeks for primary caregiver / 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- WeWork: All Access Pass.
- 401k: 3% Match when you invest in your future with our 401K.
- Flexible working life and $500 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our office in New York the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home we’ll assist with a $500 contribution.
- Community & Social Events: Messari is a community, we work hard, and bring each other up! Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates.
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. We contribute $1,500 annually for you to invest in your continued education.
- Health & Wellness Perks: Work-life balance and your wellbeing are important to us. To contribute to your mental & physical wellbeing we gift you a brand new Whoop and a subscription to Headspace, as well as Health Advocacy as part of our Employee Assistance Plan.