D2iQ (formerly Mesosphere) is building a world class team that will drive the accounting operations of the company worldwide. As our Senior Accountant in San Francisco, CA, you will be a significant contributor to the day to day domestic and international accounting operations, perform technical accounting research, and play a critical role in supporting the Senior Accounting Manager. Primary areas of focus for this role are financial accounting operations and reporting, month-end closes, technical accounting, and process improvement. The role will involve a lot of problem solving and figuring out efficient ways to perform accounting tasks in order to create smooth functions across the board to support the company during its current growth phase.
- Perform accounting and finance duties for US and international entities, including Germany, United Kingdom, and China.
- Preparation of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of the company's financial statements.
- Assist in internal control process documentation and implementation.
- Assist in the audit processes, and to interact with external auditors.
- Work cross-functionally to drive systems enhancements that will enable Finance and Accounting to automate manual processes and design innovative reporting and planning capabilities.
- Drive requirements alignment across the organization; ensure linkage between data and analytics teams, financial processes and reporting applications to fully leverage technology and tools.
- Build systems acumen and process improvement mindset and capability within Accounting and Finance.
- Taking on ad-hoc responsbilities, as this role provides much room for growth.
- BA in Accounting or equivalent.
- 3-4 years accounting experience; working with US GAAP preferable.
- Start-up and global experience a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with working with ERPs (NetSuite preferred), the Microsoft Office suite, and cloud collaboration services such as Google Drive.
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter and team player and able to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and work independently.
- Having a penchant for trying to figure out how to perform tasks more efficiently.
- A resourceful, action-oriented individual who possesses a proactive sense of urgency, and who knows how to overcome obstacles to get things done in a timely fashion.
- Must be able to work out of our downtown San Francisco, CA office.
D2iQ - Your Partner in the Cloud Native Journey
On your journey to the cloud, you need to make numerous choices—from the technologies you select, to the frameworks you decide on, to the management tools you’ll use. What you need is a trusted guide that’s been down this path before. That’s where D2iQ can help.
D2iQ eases these decisions and operational efforts. Rather than inhibiting your choices, we guide you with opinionated technologies, services, training, and support, so you can work smarter, not harder. No matter where you are in your journey, we’ll make sure you’re well equipped for the road ahead.
Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, D2iQ is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Hamburg, London, New York, and Beijing.