The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is responsible for several outcomes at D2iQ. The first outcome is too have our customers successful, according to the Customer’s definitions of success, when paying for and using D2iQ products and services. The second is the billable utilization of 25% of their time delivering value directly to their customers. The TAM will act as a direct-contact, post-sale advisor for 15 to 30 of our most strategic customers, or as an indirect post sale advisor to a larger number of smaller customers via automation and other indirect efforts. A single TAM may perform activities for both groups of customers.
This is a role that faces both externally and internally. You will be interacting regularly with customers, helping to build value and drive adoption, with the goal of retaining the customer for the long term. You will work internally and cross-functionally as well, aligning at the appropriate level of peer in order to build and maintain strong relationships to help customers recognize long-term success with D2iQ.
The right candidate will be effective and efficient in both high- and low- touch models of customer engagement. They will have practical, hands-on experience in deploying or operating modern distributed systems architectures in complex, large enterprises. They will learn fast and be able to broker both technical and business outcome discussions within multiple levels of a client organization. They will also be outcome driven and metrics focused. Excellent negotiation, conflict resolution, and both verbal and written communication skills are essential to this role.
Essential Job Functions:
- Act as a trusted customer adviser for 15-30 of our most strategic customers. Own overall post-sales relationship with customers and their success.
- Ensure billable utilization of 25% of your time by delivering value directly to your customers. This equates to 16.25 days per quarter providing value that is billable to customers under previously sold TAM contracts or bundled TAM arrangements sold into the future.
- Provide technical project “steering” to align solution implementation to the desired customer outcomes
- Understand and communicate how the customer roadmap, and the Mesosphere roadmaps align
- Turn customers into champions, advocates, and references
- Help Mesosphere derive the right revenue for desired customer outcomes
- Drive customer adoption of D2iQ solutions
- Own the customer on-boarding process
- Drive regular review of issues, successes, and plans of action with the customer for a ‘no-surprises’ renewal
- Work cross functionally with other teams to derive and deliver best practices, in a scaled way, to customers
- Leverage tools such as Joint Success Plans, whitespace analysis, customer health factors, and NPS survey results to engage and drive customer experience targets
- Stay aware of strategic account external dynamics
- Point of escalation for strategic customers
- Have a practical and working knowledge of distributed systems, including time spent in the field designing, implementing, or operating these systems.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years relevant work experience with at least 5 years in an applied technical role
- Practical, hands-on experience in deploying or operating modern distributed systems architectures in complex, large enterprises. Background in technical consulting or professional services
- Prior relevant experience in enterprise software, with an emphasis on as-a-Service technologies, and subscription based sales models
- Hands-on, technical, problem solver
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to come up to speed on technology quickly
- Autonomous and motivated
- Proven track record of successfully leading customer engagements
- History of owning customer relationships through all phases of the customer lifecycle
- Customer-first, team-always player, who embraces deadlines
- Customer sentiment - Net Promoter Score, CSAT, Quotes, Testimonials (even if generic), referenceability, or Case Studies
- Billable utilization
- Activities - customer health tracking, check-in and QBR cadence, joint success plans, account plans
- Account expansion and renewal rates
About D2iQ - Your Partner in the Cloud Native Journey
On your journey to the cloud, you need to make numerous choices—from the technologies you select, to the frameworks you decide on, to the management tools you’ll use. What you need is a trusted guide that’s been down this path before. That’s where D2iQ can help.
D2iQ eases these decisions and operational efforts. Rather than inhibiting your choices, we guide you with opinionated technologies, services, training, and support, so you can work smarter, not harder. No matter where you are in your journey, we’ll make sure you’re well equipped for the road ahead.
Backed by T. Rowe Price, Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, D2iQ is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Hamburg, London, New York, and Beijing.